Penns Creek slot limit in place

Heberly

Heberly

Just got a text from my father in law who is in Ingleby, new slot limit signs are up, and in effect.

Maybe I am late to the party, I knew it was on the table for discussion, however I didn't realize it had passed.

The signs were up downstream of Coburn three weeks ago.

A reminder for those not familiar with the new ruling:

"...proposed rulemaking to establish a harvest slot limit on Section 03 of Penns Creek, which stretches from the confluence with Elk Creek downstream seven miles to 650 yards downstream of Swift Run. The harvest slot limit would replace the current All-Tackle Trophy Trout regulations.

The change is designed to improve the size structure of the wild trout population in this section. Under the proposed special regulation, anglers could harvest two trout per day provided the trout are at least seven inches but less than 12 inches in length. The regulation would apply from opening day of trout season through Labor Day, with catch and release for the remainder of the year. All tackle would be permitted." -PFBC

When PFBC approves a rule making, generally it goes into effect on January First.

I wasn't paying attention and didn't hear about this. Good. Lots of 14, 16 and 18" browns that now will be officially off-limit to harvest.

Syl

Back