PFBC CAP PRogram

littlejuniata

littlejuniata

My eyes are not what they used to be, but looking through the 2007 booklet tht you get with your license, I could not find anything about it!!! If it is in there it should be on the first or second page and be a full page??

Help me out, what is CAP program?

Here you go live2, that is sort of my point,it is a great program but needs a lot more exposure than it is getting now!! http://www.fish.state.pa.us/caphandout1.pdf

There was nothing about that in last years book either. I agree it would make sense to have it in the book, since they are talking about ways to raise money to buy access to streams and lakes.

For what it's worth I did e-mail Art Michaels, Editor of the Angler & Boater Magazine; asking him to do a feature article on the CAP program in a future issue. I also told him that a permanent CAP brochure/donation form in the PA&B wouldn't hurt either. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea if some others did the same.

As far as seeing it in the Regulation Summary booklet or as a check box on State Income Tax forms; there are some issues regarding competing donations and other stuff but my contacts at PFBC tell me they are working on some ideas to make the CAP program more user friendly and more widely known to anglers. I did get some copies of the brochure from the PFBC but a obvious omission is the web address.

They are trying though...

On an impressive positive note I did get a personal letter from Dr. Austen thanking me for my donation which was pretty cool; which is a lot more than I've got from other fishing organizations for similar donations.

Boo Hoo!! I didn't get a note?? Just kidding, the PFBC did a great job defending the publics right to fish the Little J, and I am eternally thankful for that!! Good thoughts all, lets try to keep it on the front burner by posting reminders to fishing web sites!

Hey: Got my note today, very nice............. Thanks Dr Austin

Back