PETA Ad?

W

Will

I have not been around much lately, so maybe this has been discussed, but have others noticed that the Google Ads on the front page of this site include a "Fishing Hurts" link from PETA? I wonder if there is anything Dave K. could do about that, short of dropping Google Ads altogether (which seems like overkill). In the meantime, I suppose we can just ignore it.

Here's a link to a discussion from a couple weeks ago on the subject: Fishing Hurts

It has been discussed. And no there's nothing that Dave can do, other than pull all the Google ads (which help support the site).

PETA is of course, buying ad space in the fishing ad channel just to get fishermen upset. Just blowing it off is the best way to get back at them.

BTW - There is a search field just below the banner for the page. You can use that when you think that you may be rehashing something.

Just point to their shoes when you run into the PETA hippies. 9 times outta 10 they will have cow hide strapped to their hoofs.

They **** me off when they bully the little guy. They have taken to putting crazy glue in the locks of restaurants the serve frois gras here in the burgh. Several have taken the item off the menu. They consider these victories.

A picture at the top of this site of Ted Nugent's wife eating a steak while fishing in a fur coat might at least make us all feel better!

Is it true that when you click on a link to an ad, it costs the advertiser money? If so we should all click on the undesirable adds many, many times.

I'm not quite sure if it costs them money or not.

I think you pay a monthly fee to be included in the ad pool. All clicking will do is give them more ammunition to present to their donators and members in order to continue the advertising campaign.

Just think of it like that simpson's episode where all the gigantic ads came to life as monsters. Just don't look. cut off their attention supply and they can go hold the drum circles elsewhere.

As JayL said, it may not cost them any extra. I'm pretty sure it will make the ad more likely to show up on this site again.

Google ads work with an advertiser making an ad and submitting keywords where they want to target their ads. It is hard to select specific sites, but with certain keywords it can be done. General words get to a larger site of sites, but it may cost you more to target a general audience.

One example is using the keyword "cats" . That will get to a lot of sites all across the country that focus on cat lovers. I am sure it is expensive to get noticed or get a high profile advertising for "cats" because a lot of other people want to advertise to those people.

Now if you want to go after "Indiana Cats", it is more focused with less demand and wont cost as much. But not as many sites will see your ads.

Kind of like "Trout" vs. "Pa Trout" or "Fly Fishing" vs. "Pa Fly Fishing", but any way you look at it someones got to pay. Every time you click a Google Ad the advertiser pays Google and then Google pays the site. But only when a person clicks the link. That is why they call Pay Per Click Advertising.

Rates can range from a few cents to a few dollars a click. I have no insider secrets, but I think the advertisers that pay the most are the gambling and debt relief groups. But they don't target us anglers. They figure we already addicted to fly fishing and all our money tied up in our gear. :-D

Dave wrote:
.... Every time you click a Google Ad the advertiser pays Google and then Google pays the site. But only when a person clicks the link. That is why they call Pay Per Click Advertising.
So every time we click it costs PETA and Dave Kile gets paid? Sounds like we should start clicking!

click, click. click.....
you'll find the link at the bottom of the page

Back