Outdoors show

YorkFlyGuy

YorkFlyGuy

Has anyone checked out the Easter Outdoors Show in Harrisburg? It has been going on since Saturday and I am thinking of heading up tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone saw anything that I should not miss while I am there. It looks like I won't get a whole lot of time to wander around aimlessly.
Thanks for any suggestions.

honestly there is usually not a whole lot for the fly guys unless you're looking to book a trip. The highlight for the fly crowd is probably the local TU booth up there. They sell a lot of flies to raise funds. Other than that there are some fly shops that setup a casting pool where you can check out some rods and see some casting demos. Otherwise a lot of stuffed animals in front of outfitters' booths. But, not a bad day to just snoop around and check out boats and new trucks etc...

Plus, i believe you get a year subscription to field and stream with the cost of admission. At least i did last year.

Thanks for the heads up. Perhaps I can dream about the trips I can't afford. Eh, it is something to do. I did get the subscription, so it might be worth something there. It seems like it should be a good afternoon to just pass around checking things out.

i was there this monday, and thats where i picked up my fly rod, not a whole lot of fly stuff for sale there but there was a fly fishing seminar that i watched a while.. and laughed when a guy got struck in the face with the instructor's fly line.

So you are recommending bringing some type of facial protection. I am taking the bus from Bass Pro, maybe I can pick something up there.

I went on Saturday. A few fly guys, but there's also some fun stuff hanging around. I got yelled at for playing with a bayonet at what I assume was an army surplus booth.

It's a good way to waste a few hours. The food sucks, so don't go hungry.

Back