Off Topic-- Hank Aaron

MKern

MKern

Did anyone see this?

Hank Aaron went onto the Jumbotron after Bret Favre broke Dan Marino's record to congradulate him and encourage the youth to play sports becuase they might be the next person to break the next great record.

A little odd, considering he didn't give congrats to another record breaker from his own sport; atleast on sucha grend stage.

Well I don't think anyone acused Farve of doing roids :-D :-D

MKern wrote:
Did anyone see this?

Hank Aaron went onto the Jumbotron after Bret Favre broke Dan Marino's record to congradulate him and encourage the youth to play sports becuase they might be the next person to break the next great record.

A little odd, considering he didn't give congrats to another record breaker from his own sport; atleast on sucha grend stage.

Wasn't there a congradulations from Hank Aaron played on the fanovision just after Bonds broke his record?

Actually, they immediately played a message (recorded) from Aaron on the Jumbotron in SF when Bonds broke the record.

Aaron played in Wisconsin (Milwaukee ) as Farve does. Aaron is probably a Packer fan.

Dear MKern,

You are a little young to know, but do you have any idea what Hank Aaron went through as he was preparing to break Babe Ruth's record? Have you ever seen some of the letters he received as he was closing in on the Babe?

Even the FBI began to take the death threats he received seriously, and they have never been known to care much for black people as a rule.

If Hank Aaron publically congratulated Brett Farve and went on to try to encourage kids to play sports and to dream it's because he respects Brett as a man and as a player. Nothing more and nothing less. Like Brett Farve, Hank Aaron did his stuff the hard way.

As far as I am concerned, he has earned the right to view Barry Bonds with a jaded eye and an asterisk.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

It also didn't hurt that Farve wasn't breaking one of Aaron's records.
He was breaking Dan Marino's. I saw Dan on a post game show and he wasn't exactly jubilant about his record going down...he was polite and classy but kind of short.

Dear Tom,

Did you see them all goofing around on the post game show last week after they showed Brett Farve's clip saying how much he respected and admired Dan Marino as he was coming up?

Boomer said he though he was going to cry and everyone laughed except for Dan. He was red as a red beet and looked like his head would explode.

I like Dan Marino a lot even though he went to Pitt. He needs to lighten up and move on and forget what people who don't like him say about him.

Barring serious injury, Peyton Manning will break all of Farve's records one day including the most important one, consecutive games played. I'll bet you $ 10,000 that Farve won't be jealous or sulk when he does it.

Regards,

I wasn't getting on Aaron. I was thinking the same as you Tim (as far as the jaded situation.

TimMurphy wrote:
Dear Tom,

Did you see them all goofing around on the post game show last week after they showed Brett Farve's clip saying how much he respected and admired Dan Marino as he was coming up?

Boomer said he though he was going to cry and everyone laughed except for Dan. He was red as a red beet and looked like his head would explode.

I like Dan Marino a lot even though he went to Pitt. He needs to lighten up and move on and forget what people who don't like him say about him.

Barring serious injury, Peyton Manning will break all of Farve's records one day including the most important one, consecutive games played. I'll bet you $ 10,000 that Farve won't be jealous or sulk when he does it.

Regards,

Yeah I did see that. And as I said I thought Dan was rather quiet. You'd be red too if all "the guys" were busting your balls on national TV. Thing is...Boomer doesn't have the worry about people breaking any of his records...He has none. Peyton will probably break all those records but that longevity record will be hard to beat. Manning just isn't as tough as Farve. Even if he stays healthy, I don't think he'll play as long. And no, Farve will handle any records of his that get broken with class. But don't for a second think that it won't bother the hell out of him...He's way too competitive. You don't get where he is by not being a competitor.

For the record Aaron was on the jumbotron when Bonds broke the record.

Back