Nicely Colored Stockie...

• Thread starter Huckleberryruns
  • Start date
H

Huckleberryruns

One of the only open holes to make a 25 foot cast with my new 7' Hardy/ross evo 0 outfit! (Thanks for the great deal Jonas)
Love the colors! Enjoy!!!
3-1.jpg

Just looking at the fish, my guess would be that's a wild trout. The anal fin isn't quite perfect, but all the others are. That could easily just be an injury. If there's wild Brookies in that watershed, I'd highly suspect that's a wild fish. If there isn't then yeah..that's a REALLY nicely colored stockie.

Any way you slice it, that's a very nice Brookie...congrats on the catch.

Yes, It is wild, I should have put a few more dots after the stockie in the title ;-)

Thanks for the kind words!!

:)

that is a really nice native. nice catch

yeah, awesome fish. Judging by the saturation of your hands, I am also pleased to see you didnt alter the crap out of the photo. Feeling some envy towards this fish...

Beautiful native brookie. Looks like he has his fall colors. Congrats.

That is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!!! I'd love to catch one like that, what a jewel!

I'd like to catch one like your avatar !

If you did laszlo, would you gently release it back into the wild?

I honestly don't know what I would do if I ran into her on a stream....ok, yes I do!

I admire both the lovely trout and the lovely avatar. I know what I'd have liked to do 40 years ago and before I was married! I have never run into a "mermaid" like that one. Oh well....

Congratulations, catching such a beauty is a wonderfull thing. Just got a 7', 2wt can not wait to try it...

terrific fish, congrats

Many say brookies are easy to catch, lame fighters and overall piscatorial wimps... maybe, but they can be the most beautiful fish this state has to offer, hands down. Nice catch!

greenghost wrote:
Many say brookies are easy to catch, lame fighters and overall piscatorial wimps... maybe, but they can be the most beautiful fish this state has to offer, hands down. Nice catch!

hey, as long as they are hungry and you put something in front of them that they think is food and don;t startle them in the process...they are all easy to catch...

;-)

Lame fighters?
Think maybe somebody is confusing them with yellow neds.
Brooks
Rainbows
browns
cutthroats
bull trout
lakers
yellow neds.

pete41 wrote:
Lame fighters?
Brooks
Rainbows
browns
cutthroats
bull trout
lakers
yellow neds.

OK I'll bite.... what the hell is a yellow ned?

greenghost wrote:
pete41 wrote:
Lame fighters?
Brooks
Rainbows
browns
cutthroats
bull trout
lakers
yellow neds.

OK I'll bite.... what the hell is a yellow ned?

http://www.discoverboating.com/resources/article.aspx?id=526

no offense to anyone on here, it's a nice fish, but are these fish wild? The precursors are all there; cold water, presence of wild fish... the following are surely not wild though

PA070044.jpg

PA070024.jpg

PA080028.jpg

it's fall and the spawn is coming... may be wild, may not

I could tone them w. some minor editing to make the colors look exact; i.e. orange belly>red. the sheer size indicates no, but I bet smaller fish of those colors would initiate the, "It's wild," quotes.

Back