New fly fishing show

Fredrick

Fredrick

Hooked On The Fly
http://www.hookedonthefly.net/index.html

HOOKED on the Fly

Coming in 2010 to the Sportsman Channel in prime time!

ABOUT HOOKED on the Fly

Mission Statement

HOOKED on the Fly’s mission is to experience nature, adventure, and promote conservation seen
through the lens of fly-fishing. We capture the soul, art, science and magic of fly-fishing.

One of our goals is to profile an area on earth where fly-fishing is special, and especially
beautiful, and must to be protected. This includes what’s being done to protect the resource,
and what needs to be done. Everyone can easily help promote ecologically sound practices
for a sustainable resource. For more information, please visit our Conservation page.

Most fly fishers think primarily of all these concerns when they go fly-fishing. As we take
viewers on our filmed adventures, we believe these concerns are still primary for those of
us who love nature’s beauty and thrills.

During each show we’ll fish with Dr. Chris Travis, a director of The Northcoast Steelhead
Alliance and world-class fly-fisher, along with the best local guides. Each 1/2-hour exciting
program uses Hi Definition to transport you to wild, arresting, natural heavens on earth as if
you were there.

You’ll also get novel, important information. What kind? The kind we fly-fishers crave.
Everything from whether it’s good to fish on full moons, and how you can become involved
to help insure these natural resources are passed on to future generations. Wherever we fish
around the world, these types of tips will be given to you so that you can be use them wherever
you fly-fish in your own local or far-flung waters, both fresh and salted.

HOOKED on the Fly’s goal is to present you with world-class, fly-fishing films. Fly-fishing brings us into nature’s meditative majesty as well as its excitement. It renews our souls by remembering our rivers past, while celebrating our present and future course, especially with family and friends. Fly-fishing connects us to ourselves, our earth, and each other. This is our mission.

“I went into the woods, because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
-- Walden, Henry David Thoreau

Unfortunately Bright House doesn't offer it here.Bummer

Thanks for the information. It sounds like it could be a great show to kick back and watch.

Back