New Fishing Vehicle

McSneek

McSneek

Ordered mine today. You guys can keep your Tacomas, Jeeps, F 150s and Mini-Coopers.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/07/19/bentley-new-suv-for-fishing-enthusiasts-is-seriously-fly/

Ha, hilarious. You can drive it out west for months long trip in the no time or no money is object thread. Ha.

Wait till you see the 1/4 scale version in the 2016 Hammacher/Schlemmer catalog that he'll buy for his kid.
I wonder if the turn signals work on that car. Here in SW Pa. Mercedes and BMWs' don't seem to be equipped with them.

LOL!

If you gave me one, I'd sell it, buy a loaded F-150, one of Dave W's paintings and then retire. I believe that would be enough to put me over the top. Damn close at least depending on what Dave W charges me. ;-)

Of course, who would buy a used $350K SUV?

FarmerDave wrote:
Of course, who would buy a used $350K SUV?

For his son, of course, who's a fly fisherman.

Attachments

• TRUMP.jpg
    TRUMP.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 3
I doubt he'd buy a used one.

Needs to be lifted so I can get to my gemmies on those back roads

I guess this answers my question of who can afford the $10,000, 5 day New Zealand fly fishing trips I was recently looking at, same dudes that can buy this (along with membership to Beaver's club...)

Dan, I can do a lot longer trip in NZ for a lot less than half of that $10k.
Nice ride for the upper crust. GG

Needs to be lifted so I can get to my gemmies on those back roads.

While the pics don't look it, if it's the same as the stock Bentayga, the ground clearance stacks up there pretty well!

Toyota Rav4: 6.3"
Honda CRV: 6.8"
Ford Explorer: 7.8"
Ford Escape: 7.9"
Chevy Colorado (4x4): 8.4"
Subaru Forester/Outback: 8.6"
Jeep Grand Cherokee (4x4): 8.6"
Chevrolet Silverado (4WD): 8.8"
Toyota Tacoma (4x4): 9.4"
Ford F150 (4x4): 9.4"
Bentley Bentayga: 9.6"
Toyota 4Runner (4x4): 9.6". To 11.1" with TRD Pro package.
Jeep Wrangler: 10-11", depending on options

But will it pick up girls in Jersey? "Probably" is my official guess.

Now found lining the streams of the Beave's most choice waters!

But will it pick up girls in Jersey? "Probably" is my official guess.

I'd say this thing is capable of picking up chicks ANYWHERE.

I'd be afraid someone would steal it. I prefer the Dodge Ram much more.

I'd be afraid someone would steal it.

That's what insurance is for.

I prefer the Dodge Ram much more.

At equal price? No way.

But, yeah, given the price I'd prefer just about any car much, much more.

Ill stick to my Tacoma complete with a plastic Walmart tote full of gear and 20 year old Coleman cooler in the bed thank you very much.

But it has a refreshment kit filled with fine china. How could you not want that for your stream side lunch?

But it has a refreshment kit filled with fine china. How could you not want that for your stream side lunch?

Aside from the fancy accessories and posh trim..

The thing is 600 hp, goes 0-60 in under 4 and a half seconds, is big, and gets 29 mpg highway. The best anti-roll system known to man. A very good and sophisticated AWD system. Air suspension. Off road chops. Storage space that competes with a small truck. Lots of rear seat space and stuff to keep kiddos busy. Top safety scores. Cameras everywhere and it can almost drive itself.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd never in a million years even consider paying anywhere near that much money on a car. Even if I had the money, there are lots of things I could buy with it that I value more than a car. Like, say, a bigger house! So, no, it's not worth it.

But, IF the thing sold at around $30k like other cars, could be insured cheaply, could be serviced cheaply and locally, etc., it'd be ridiculous to claim I "prefer" a Tacoma or Ram or any other everyday vehicle within my price range.

i.e.
Are Bentley's better than the average vehicle? YES.

Are Bentley's enough better to justify their price? NO, not to me or 99.9% of the rest of the population.

People will buy anthing these days!

Back