NYS to lower sporting license fees

afishinado

afishinado

Staff member
Lower fishing license fees in NYS beginning in Feb '14. Also, license valid for one year from the purchase date.

http://crosscurrentfishing.blogspot.com/2013/10/new-york-to-decrease-sporting-license.html

Good news for the many of us that purchase a license in NY.

I would be very interested to see if the move increases participation in the sport and actually increases revenue from license sales.

That's good news. I usually do some hunting in NY every year and would drop $280 on their out of state hunting/fishing license that included all seasons. Nice to know next year will be a lot more affordable.

I went into Marino's last Friday and bought my new license. Every time I go in there, I expect to get skinned alive and eaten. Anyways......They told me out of state licenses would drop to $50, but would only believe it when it actually happened.

Would have been nice if they had that in place right now when the annual licenses are due... Going to have to renew mine before February :-(

I'll admit for $50 I would be more inclined to make more trips to NY rather than 1 or 2 short trips a year.

ryguyfi wrote:
I'll admit for $50 I would be more inclined to make more trips to NY rather than 1 or 2 short trips a year.

Wait....What?

What does the lowering of the license have to do with how many trips you make? If you buy a license you use it.

Unless you are paying day fee's which I kinda understand, but geez......two trips is a years license. you should just buy a full license then.

SBecker wrote:
ryguyfi wrote:

Wait....What?

What does the lowering of the license have to do with how many trips you make? If you buy a license you use it.

Unless you are paying day fee's which I kinda understand, but geez......two trips is a years license. you shgould just buy a full license then.

I usually don't buy the annual license and just buy a single day or a week long license depending on the trip.

I did a single day this year $15
and the last few years I've done a week $35

I could do both and still be under the $70 annual fee.

I'd bet the sales jump. Probably not a huge one, but significant. Considering the access thats there it's it makes for a cheap fishing trip. Tribs are a real draw with those big browns. GG

Yea I gotcha.

That's great news except for those of us who paid $70 on Oct 1st.

Awesome news.

Somewhere in the fine print it probably states that you will need to purchase a separate salmon/steelhead stamp and a trout stamp too.

krayfish wrote
That's great news except for those of us who paid $70 on Oct 1st.

+1

Guys...just look at it as an investment in NY resources.

A lowered cost will get be coming back other than on Fish for Free Days. :)

The decrease would be a bummer to those who've already purchased at the old rate - unless they somehow refund the diference.

Aw great now I'll have to put up with more of you coming up to my spots....lol

It's either us or a NYer! Take your pick.

Pretty sure I paid only $50 last year.

That's great! But like others have said, we will have to wait a year to take advantage of this unless you don't go fishing till after Feb.
Bill

Chaz...That could have been an age discount.

Back