Low Impact trout tanks

mjkraw

mjkraw

Saw these on being advertised on Facebook via HHOutfitters page. I'm all for catch and release, to handle fish properly and to keep them wet as much as possible...but this seems a bit much and a little impractical IMO.
Thoughts?

http://hhoutfitter.com/HH-LOW-IMPACT-FISH-PHOTO-TANK_p_146.html

Sorry, but I think it is stupid unless you are a biologist assessing the waterway.

And U think it is stupid even if you are a biologist.

And look at the size of it. Up to 12 inch fish. And even if I felt a need to photograph a 12 inch fish, I wouldn't want H&H Outiftters across the side of it.

Barely big enough for my bluegills.

Oh wait, I see they offer a larger size that goes up to 15 inches.

Woopteedamndoo!

Maybe they should put a seat on it as well.

Now if H&H puts a seat on it, they better pay me royalties.

Sorry gfen for bringing up the bluegills, but it's been awhile.

I actually thought this thread was going to be another one about keeping trout in an aquarium.

LOL!! was my response when I opened the link. That has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever seen!!

Yeah that seems like a pretty pointless item to ever own. Do you strap it to your chest with the rest of your gear? Vessels SIMILAR to these are definitely useful during an electroshock sample of a stream, but that is about the only appropriate or useful time.

I'd rather have the Salmon Cannon

I'm not pulling out the camera on a 12" fish unless it's trying to swallow a 24" fish.

I already bought 6 of them to give as gifts ...

I truly thought you guys were being harsh at first and then I opened up the link and thought...that's about as useful as a dirt flavored lollipop

I could see it for the competition anglers in tournaments and stuff, if they have to get complete measurements on every fish.

But yeah, for just your everyday fisherman, haha, no thanks.

pcray1231 wrote:
I could see it for the competition anglers in tournaments and stuff, if they have to get complete measurements on every fish.

But yeah, for just your everyday fisherman, haha, no thanks.

LMAO...uhhhm no

Heard they are coming out with another model called "The Gem" for 5" brookies. Probably sell a few to some folks on this site.

i know i shouldn't but i want one.....

kidding. i have seen much larger ones but can't imagine the point - aren't we moving towards a 'keep em wet' ethos anyway ?

McSneek,

You just had to "go there" .... Didn't ya? LOL. I'm waiting until they release the 'sac fry' model for photography of specimens under 2", then I'll purchase one.

LMAO....... rest, review....lmao. The post will be... who lost a fish tank on the little swanny in the fish measureing area.......lmao. the number on the tanks is....

My gopro box had the clear plastic housing just about the right size for photographing frylings. Imagine that, an overpriced camera comes with a free fish photography box valued approx $20!

Actually considered the gopro box for small brookie streams, it's in the back somewhere if I remember it on the next trip.

McSneek wrote:
Heard they are coming out with another model called "The Gem" for 5" brookies. Probably sell a few to some folks on this site.

For the win! :lol:

Back