Lost rain jacket

H

Henry

I left a rain jacket hanging on a railing above Fisherman's paradise on Spring Creek. Left on Thurs. evening, 5/14/09. When I came back to retrieve it, it was gone. I'm hoping someone took it thinking I forgot about it. If so, email me. I'd really like to get it back!

Send an email to the local fly shops in the area. That's where I would take such an item. Actually I would have left it hanging where it was. I don't touch lost items unless I think they might get damaged and If I take them I have believe it or not a zip lock bag with paper and a pen and I leave a note. Good Luck finding you jacket.

That kind of thing always bothered me, especially on water that is supposed to be fly fishers , once on Little Mahoning Creek in Indiana county i left a brand new outfit on the top of my truck , was down the road a half mile when i realized what i did , got out and looked hoping it was still there........it wasn't , turned around and it being a dirt road you could see the skid marks where someone had stopped fast , probably to keep from running over it , put ads in paper , wrote to the ken sink TU chapter , never got it back all i can say is i hope the theif lost the biggest trout of his life on that rod , bummer , went back to store "Uncle Joes woodshed" they used to have a place in Johnstown , the very next day and bought an identical outfit=about $200.00 rod , line and reel , my wife was so P.O.'d , i'm gonna miss her.........NOT

The sport has changed from the way it was. It's hard to find anyone who is willing to turn in something they find on the stream banks. Now it finders keepers, rather then being kind and helping others out. That's typical America today, a far cry from what it was.

I lost my license once and had it promptly mailed back to me. I'd say that as long as your gear is identifiable in some way, you stand a chance at getting at back.

Couple years ago I left with my Winston and Orvis CFO on the roof of the car after a bike ride on the Lower Trail, of course it blew off, (was amazed that the only blem was a very slight chip out of the cork grip!) put a free ad in the local paper and some wonderful guy called me and said he had it, that is what is so great about Huntingdon area folks. I ran a supermarket in town for 20 or so years and always treated customers right, guess it pays?!!

The other day I showed a guy some nice trout that were rising, (never met him) came back a while later and got some great video of him catching a few dandys, made my day for sure>

Back