Lost Rod/Reel at Allenberry

coach

coach

Somewhat embarrassing, but I am certain that I left a Winston IM6 9' for a 4 wt and Ross Gunnison reel on the top of my car when leaving Allenberry last Sunday evening, August 12, 2012. If anyone has any knowledge or information I would be VERY thankful.

Sad to hear coach. Did you call Yellow Breeches Outfitters? They might have some info.

Good luck getting your rod back coach. It's an ugly feeling losing a good rod. I had a similar experience a few years back, only mine was leaning against the back of my truck and I drove away. Misery loves company! lol

I did indeed contact YBOF unfortunately without luck. I appreciate both responses........a mind is a terrible thing to waste, and in this case start to lose.

Good luck getting your equipment back. Terrible feeling. I've gotten into the habit of leaning my rod against the drivers-side mirror of the car. That way I can't open the door without moving it before I drive away.

No help here, but you should all get yourself a document clip/magnet at Staples, Office Max, etc. i know they sell rod magnets for the outside of the vehicle, but they are $12 AND they are too strong for my liking. Just can't bring myself to pull a magnet of the paint of my truck.

I got my clips for free at trade shows and they were great for hanging calendars, pictures, papers, etc. on our fridge. My wife asked the other day, "Why are all these papers on the kitchen floor." "I have no idea I", I said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. I also lost an Orvis rod and reel this year near Williams Grove Park area. I never found mine but I wish you the best of luck.

Sorry for your loss and I hope you find it.

I did that once, only it was a very cheap rod. And wouldn't you know it, I found it so I had no excuse to replace it.

Back