Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Lost Fly Rod and Reel

From Carlisle, Pa
I left a rod and reel against my truck today and drove away.I was parked at the intersection of 74 and Creek Rd on the Yellow Breeches if you find please PM and I can give you the make/model of both the rod and reel.
Thanks a lot
Justin

Posted on: 2013/11/22 18:16

Re: Lost Fly Rod and Reel

From Mont Co, Pa
Good luck getting your rod back. I've done that a couple of times over the years, so I know how you feel. Just last week I left my crossbow sitting on the ground next to my truck at a parking area, and drove away. It was dark and I was too busy putting my treestand away, and just spaced it! lol I was down the road a bit and realized something wasn't right. I looked into the back seat and saw my CB wasn't there! Turned right around and went back. It was where I left it. A close call!

Posted on: 2013/11/26 11:06

From Monessen, PA
Lost a rod on the creek once... once!

So sometimes a found rod is returned other times just someone else's good luck.

I hope your combo was found by an honest person and that they read here. Call the nearest fly shop(s) and let them know as well. Sometimes they are honest too.

Posted on: 2013/11/26 11:18

From Lansdale
Gotta leave it on your hood, leaning across the driver's side of the windshield. I've been known to trip over things that I left by the door, so I wouldn't forget them, when I was leaving. The hood and rod works.

Posted on: 2013/11/26 11:23

From Pittsburgh
Better yet - make a habit of putting the rod and reel away first thing when you get back to the vehicle.
That's what I do

I - and just about all of my fishing buddies- have left rods on top, or besides a vehicle also.

Posted on: 2013/11/26 23:43

From LV
Your rod is always the most likely thing to be left somewhere you don't want to leave at the end of the day. Always put it away first instead of leaving on your vehicle or leaning against it. I know, I left it on my truck nce, luckily I was only pulling out of a parking space when I realized what what I'd done and got it off the truck.
A friend once left a rod on the same truck, and later about 5 miles down the road we heard it hit the highway. Lucky for him.

Posted on: 2013/11/27 9:58

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com