Lost - Brodin Gallatin Ghost Net

wbranch

wbranch

I fished Penns Creek today at the Special Regs area, I was fishing the pool at the end of the road coming up from Weikert where there is that brown cabin right in front of that long pool. I was taking my rain jacket off and saw my net stretch cord had gotten tangled up with my wading staff lanyard. I'm not really sure what happened but I was kneeling right at the water's edge with my back facing the river. I think the net came off the split ring and floated away without me seeing it. I'm just sick about it. I stopped at the fly shop in Weikert as I was leaving and told Bruce Fisher to be on the look out for it if it is returned to the shop. Reward for getting it back to me if found. My net looks just like this one except it doesn't have the mother of pearl measure marks in the handle.

Attachments

• Brodin Gallatin Sleath.jpg
    Brodin Gallatin Sleath.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 5
I figured my chances in somebody getting that net back to me was no better than 1000:1 so I went on Ebay and found the exact net for a great price and bought it.

We will be fishing Penns for a few days starting on Tuesday so I will keep my eyes open for it downstream from the brown cabin - sounds like the edges or stuck on some rock in the middle is the place to look

When I read OP's post thinking more like a million to one--smiled when saw his move---

I'll be fishing in that are Sunday, I keep an eye out.

Yep, a million to one is more like it. I was being optimistic LOL. Other than stopping at Bruce Fisher's fly shop what could anyone do if they did find it?

Now after a week or so has gone by I'm wondering if it did float down river as I had my back to the river. There were three guys fishing directly opposite me and that net is pretty big at 24" long. You'd of thought one of them may have seen it floating down river.

Now I'm wondering if it is still laying on that grassy bank opposite the brown cabin???

I'm still offering a reward of a dozen flies for the return of that net to me. I could always sell the one I got to replace it.

Hope you find your net Matt. I hate losing flyfishing gear

Back