Little Juniata Recommendations needed

Tups

Tups

I haven't been to the Little J in twenty years, but I will be visiting next week. I need some recommendations on a decent hotel/motel in the vicinity. I also need to know the location of the Spring Ridge Club(Beaver), or whatever they call it now, so that I can avoid that stretch. I'm looking forward to enjoying my fishing without getting into a territorial fight. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Here are some lodging options:

http://www.sprucecreekoutfitters.org/lodging.htm

That linked, I would not look as far as State College or Huntingdon, but rather look up "Tyrone Motels" on Google, unless you want to fish the State Collge streams as well.

Spruce Creek enters the Little J at Spruce Creek, PA. Downstream from where Rte 45 crosses the river is private land on both sides of the river, controlled by SRC. You can access the water legally above the bridge, but not across any land below it. The SRC land runs downstream at least a couple miles, maybe more. The next downstream access is at Rothrock State Forest property in Barree, PA. If you were to walk upstream a couple miles from there, you would encounter lands controlled by SRC. Below Barree and above Spruce Creek is mostly open. Private lands along the river should be posted if the landowner objects to your accessing it. Good luck.

Thank you Jack. Got it - Below Barree or above Spruce. Would you recommend one stretch over the other, or are they the same type of water?

Bigger water below Spruce Creek and smaller above, suit yourself cause the fishing is good either way.

Back