Lebanon county

P

Paflyfish32

Hello all first post. Well I just recently moved to annville. I'm wondering If there's any good Muskie and smallmouth fishing in the area I've tried a few spots and it just seems to be dead any help would be much appreciated! Thanks

Paflyfish32 wrote:
I'm wondering If there's any good Muskie and smallmouth fishing in the area Thanks

Your best bet for both species would be the Susquehanna River.

Is there any good wild trout fishing in the area as well or is it all stocked I fished the quittie twice and wasn't to impressed with it?

Paflyfish32 wrote:
Is there any good wild trout fishing in the area as well or is it all stocked I fished the quittie twice and wasn't to impressed with it?

There is a lot of wild trout fishing in that general area (Lebanan and surrounding counties). Hit the "Where to Fly Fish" link on the upper right side of this page or search our Stream Reports by county to begin your search.

Don't walk away from the Quitty. I'm not invested and live an hour away but I really love that creek. Often visit my mom in an assisted living community over that way.

Beautiful water. There's a lot of trout hunters in Lebanon without a lot of options. Caught a few Bows that had obviously been there a while.

I loved Tulpehocken Creek in Lebanon/Berks county when I was living there. A good portion of the stream is known to have natural reproduction of brown trout, but you'll also find some stockers, obviously. Also lots of carp, if that interests you at all. PM me for specifics if you're interested.

I never really did much bass fishing when I lived in the Lancaster/Lebanon area. There are farm ponds around with largemouth, I'm sure, but most of the smallmouth waters I fished weren't spectacular. The Conestoga river in Lancaster is supposed to have bass, but I never did manage to catch one.

Definitely not a high quality bass river like the Juniata river here near Lewistown - my first cast in the river after I moved up here I caught a heavy 14-16" smallmouth! I'll never forget that first cast. Someone on the forum put me on to that spot, actually. Not that it matters much with the Juniata - it seems to be infested with smallmouth.

Back