Jersey Shore PA 1/9

SBecker

SBecker

Will be in the area to meet with a client around 10:30. Looking to fish afterwards. Not looking to go further North. Looking for suggestions for places to fish or if you would like to meet up just PM me. Wil be traveling from the Poconos so if you are in between Jersey Shore and White Haven and are open to meet up, that's fine as well.

The Fishing Creek special regs area is not real far. And when you're done fishing, you can get on I80 at the Lamar exit and head home.

Thanks TB

I agree with TB, fishing creek.

PaulG

I 3rd fishing creek.

Thanks guys. Never fished it, but am heading to the narrows right now. Anybody have a road to type into my gps to get me close? My gps is not taking narrows road or fishing creek road in Lamar. Is it a different town?

Washington Ave. Head to rt. 64 and past all the gas stations. There is a park to the left right before Washington Ave.

Thanks! I looked at your post just as a gas station attendent was explaining it to me. Lol

Thanks again guys for the help and recommendations. The narrows is a beutifull place. I started at the bridge above the hatchery. Walked down to the second dam and fished up. It defenitly is a hard creek to wade. I worked the pocket water hard. I was finally able to get, what I think is my first wild tiger trout. I will post pictures when I get home. The vermiliations run down to its belly. Also, no red or white on the fins.

SBecker wrote:
Thanks again guys for the help and recommendations. The narrows is a beutifull place. I started at the bridge above the hatchery. Walked down to the second dam and fished up. It defenitly is a hard creek to wade. I worked the pocket water hard. I was finally able to get, what I think is my first wild tiger trout. I will post pictures when I get home. The vermiliations run down to its belly. Also, no red or white on the fins.
I'm really looking forward to seeing your photo. The photo in my avatar is one of my two Wild Tigers.

Here is some photo's. You guys tell m

Attachments

• DSCF5619 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF5619 (Medium).JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF5620 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF5620 (Medium).JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF5621 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF5621 (Medium).JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF5623 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF5623 (Medium).JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 2
Definately a Tiger, but probably a stocked fish judgung by the fins.

Looks legit to me. I'm not familiar with Fishing Creek (that one anyway), but assuming it's got wild Brooks and Browns, I'd definitely say wild Tiger. Nice catch Becker, congrats.

Fins seemed perfect to me. Possibly just camera angle? They stock 4-5 inch tigers?

Thanks Swat

Congrats on that Wild Tiger Shane...not bad for your first time on BFC :-D

Way to go on the wild tiger! Nice...........

Chaz wrote:
Definately a Tiger, but probably a stocked fish judgung by the fins.

PFBC says no tiger trout have been raised since 2005. Pretty small 7 year old trout....

awesome fish Shane!

Thanks again everybody. Just luck and I always seem to have luck first time on a stream. O and it took a size 12 prince.

Thanks WS for confirming it is in fact a wild tiger.

I'll confirm it also. No doubt in my mind that fish is a Wild Tiger Trout. Congrats on your accomplishment. First time fishing BFC? I bet it won't be your last. Those Wild Tigers are just beautiful. You have just joined a very small fraternity of flyfisherman with that fish. Again very nice trout.

Back