IS this brown a native fish!?

mute

mute

Surprised me when he came up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmEFyIi6nw8hd=1

Many of you will recognize the water/

Obviously not a native fish.

Only if you were fishing in Scotland or Germany.

Oh man never say native brown trout on here people will rip your head off. I say it all the time even though technically they are not native to America they were introduced here. Wild brown trout is the "proper" word :)

When I read the tittle I just had to come in and view the carnage, not bad, yet... Take the above advise.

Not native maybe wild, but can't tell from the shot, it needs to be zoomed in.

Chaz wrote:
Not native maybe wild, but can't tell from the shot, it needs to be zoomed in.

Agree. The image isn't clear enough.

Ya, they really "ripped his head off".

Frankly, I believe it to be an intentional troll at this point. I mean its not that hard of a concept to master.

Haha, well i see all the snobs are still snobby on this forum after 5 years.

Native, wild, non stocked, planted, grown, hatched, who the hell cares, the question was clear. People ride so high these days. Time to get off the site for another 5 years.

1287666826226.png

Got to review the video. Logic would dictate that based upon the fact that they obviously stocked rainbows (assuming PFBC stocking but who knows? I don't know that location but assume SE PA) that a 5" brown would likely be a streambred fish, unless it was accidentally included in the stocking.

Having said that, and realizing that this is likely a marginal temp SE PA stream and the fish are going to die anyway, I cringed when you released that rainbow instead of roping him. Over fought, out of water too long, rubbing the slime coat off (I guess you were petting its belly), laying it on dirt, all pretty rough stuff for fish. I guess it is win/win though as if you don't eat it the crayfish, muskie and catfish will!

mute wrote:
Haha, well i see all the snobs are still snobby on this forum after 5 years.

I really don't think anyone was snobbish about it, first two posts were light hearted humor. Besides, anyone that is going to insert TrollFace as a retort surely have internet thick skin. LOL.

Native, wild, non stocked, planted, grown, hatched, who the hell cares, the question was clear.

Seems you care as you asked the question!!! LOL.

People ride so high these days. Time to get off the site for another 5 years.

I do not advocate getting high.

When I was watching you handle the big rainbow all I could think about was your avatar and go "come on! come on big boy! start shaking him!"

Unless your ready to argue with the locals don't critcize anything. lol

I half care \ im half trolling because i know the way people are so anal with the word native. But seriously, whatever.

Jdaddy, The stream was recently stocked. But this fish was so small, the colors and fins were clean compared to all the other fish. I know this stream has had NON STOCKED fish found in it before, as well as the tribs to it, and Mike can confirm that. So its really not an off guess. I just wanted others opinions that are more educated on the subject.

As far as keeping the fish, i prefer not to keep fish in dhalo special reg areas. And as far as the damage to the fish, yea it was out of the water longer then id usually care for, and not treated as delicately as i usually would. But the fact of the matter was i don't expect that fish to live past tomorrow anyway seeing this stream is poached ethically and unethically almost every day.

All in all, everyone that liked the footage, enjoy.

My post was an obvious lol. Your actual troll was a fail as you should have started a spot burning issue if you wanted conflict. For someone that has been on the site for as long as you have, I would think you could do better.

mute wrote:

As far as keeping the fish, i prefer not to keep fish in dhalo special reg areas. And as far as the damage to the fish, yea it was out of the water longer then id usually care for, and not treated as delicately as i usually would. But the fact of the matter was i don't expect that fish to live past tomorrow anyway seeing this stream is poached ethically and unethically almost every day.

Oh ya, if it's DHALO you can't keep fish anyway right now. Good call.

SBecker wrote:
My post was an obvious lol. Your actual troll was a fail as you should have started a spot burning issue if you wanted conflict. For someone that has been on the site for as long as you have, I would think you could do better.

Shut up Shame. Instigator.

Shut up Jdaddy!

where is Farmer Dave when you need a good laugh

Back