Help starting flyfishing at Boyertown High School

A

alieb

I am a teacher at Boyertown High School and teaching Fly Fishing for the first time. I have rods and reels and was wondering if there is anyone who ever does outreach to teach youth about fly-fishing.
> Thanks
> Adam Lieb
If so please email me at
alieb@boyertownasd.org

Hi Adam. Welcome to PaFlyFish and thanks for helping get our next generation of kids interested in the outdoors. As for outreach, many local sportsmen's clubs have youth programs or field days and many Trout Unlimited chapters have similar programs. Cumberland Valley TU started the Rivers Conservation and Youth Camp some years ago and this has become something of a model for top notch youth programs. TU also sponsors "Trout in the Classroom" in which kids raise fingerling trout in their school in fish tanks and release 'em later.
Good luck with your program.

I would be interested in helping out. email me at skyblue@dejazzd.com

Go here . . . . http://www.tullytu.org/board.lasso

Contact Rick Bell (he is listed as Education Committee and contact information under board members). He does a couple of clinics on the Tully.

maybe Perkiomen TU could help, ive only gotten to a few meetings.....just throwing it out there

jeff

Ya, I meant to talk to Rick about that at the meeting tonight but I had to leave the meeting early due to . . . ummm you don't want to know! I will speak with him about it though.

I am going to tell you to contact Rise Fishing Company out of New York, they are very generous and are huge supporters of these kinds of programs. They have already told me once I become a teacher to contact them and they will donate a bunch of stuff for me to start an after school program.
Rise Fishing Co.

I think if anybody is looking for a new Salt rod reasonable priced they should support this company.

Back