Hello everyone

FlyGuyFromPa

FlyGuyFromPa

I know that a majority of you have never spoken to me, but I've had the chance to meet a few people on this forum, and they are extremely nice people. To those people, and the entire site in general, I'd like to apologize for my lack of activity on here lately. I finally got a job, and the pay sucks, the hours are long, the work sucks, but I'm THRILLED to be working again!! I do get a few days off work, but to be quite honest I've been spending time with the kids because they are going through some sort of separation anxiety over me not being here all day every day anymore. The baby clings to me from the time I get home, until the time she goes to sleep. Anyway, before I go rambling for no reason, I hope to see some of you on the water soon! Tight lines!

Good to hear FlyGuy.
If you can't get out fishing, you can always talk fishing with us folks. That's why it's your "favorite place out of the water." :)

Great post and the very, very best of luck to you. I envy you with those kids................

Congrats on the job. I hear ya on the kids. My time is either spent taking care of them or providing for them. Hobbies like ff are something I use to get away.... when there's time.

Fly Guy,
Congratulations on the job. Also, enjoy those kids; they'll grow up way too fast.

jdaddy wrote:
Focus on your kids. The fish will still be there.

x2 I dont have any kids of my own. But my lady has a daughter and she is the shizz. The fish aint goin no place.

It's all about the kids.
Having a job is a good thing.
The fish will be there.
GG

I would never have believed it but seeing my 2 daughters grown , responsible , with their own careers , all that attention and lost fishing time didn't matter at all , the most successful thing i've ever done and don't regret a minute of it. They see you work and honest to god they notice!!!!! and eventually they actually really "get it". You're doin great and deserve all the credit in the world , stay on the path you're on and you'll see WAY TO GO!!!

Good to hear you've gotten a job, even if you're not thrilled with it. As you already know sometimes you have to eat some for awhile to make it through to the better times. This and putting family first I'd say you're a good man, The time for fishing comes back even though it doesn't seem like it right now. They do grow up fast, my oldest made me a grandfather eight months ago. Wow!

FlyGuy

Glad to hear that you got a job. They can be awful hard to find nowadays.

See you on the water sometime.

Thank you everyone. I'm glad everyone understands why I'm not around so much. The kids are not liking me being gone, but I hope to someday show them that life isn't always about getting what you want, when you want it, and that hard work and a little sacrifice will always prevail. I'd love to go back to being a couch potato/ATTEMPTED fly fisher, but I'd rather spend the most of my time out of work with the kids, and squeeze in the fishing if/when I can. Hope to see some of you on opening day, if they allow my request to have it off.

GOD, family, work, Fly-fishing

I can say, my first daughter wanted NOTHING to do w/ me when she was little haha! Only mamma was good enough (milk...). You are lucky to have a baby clinging to you. My second daughter is much more of a "daddy's girl". Enjoy it! I look at my youngest and realize she won't always be a year and a half old and she won't always cling to me.

The_Sasquatch wrote:
I can say, my first daughter wanted NOTHING to do w/ me when she was little haha! Only mamma was good enough (milk...). You are lucky to have a baby clinging to you. My second daughter is much more of a "daddy's girl". Enjoy it! I look at my youngest and realize she won't always be a year and a half old and she won't always cling to me.

My daughter is the exact same age. Well, she's 16 months, but very close.

Back