Heading to PA from VA for four days of fishing and friendship

N

NewTyer1

Heading to PA on Sunday with Project Healing Waters, We are a guest of Dominion Power who has donated the money to make this happen. We will be staying at Evergreen Farms and fishing the Private waters of Spruce Creek. I know this is a controvertial issue with lots of people but, for the sake of the soldiers, this will be a great time. We will start fishing on through Wednesday.

There will be plenty of food, fun, raffles, gifts and lots of friendship going on. I can't wait.

Enjoy! Sunds like it'll be a great time!

Hope you and the soldiers have a great time. As for private water, its perfect for an event like this, easy access, plenty of fish. The goal is to make these guys forget about all the BS they've gone through, and just maybe pass on the passion that is flyfishing. If private waters can provide that, then its all good. These guys have been to hell, experienced it, got the crap blown out of themselves, and somehow survived. Any idiot that would bitch because they are fishing private water needs to, well, i just cant say it here.
Enjoy your time with these guys, i hope i can volunteer someday if i have enough time.

I will have a great time. By the way, I am not a volunteer, I am a Iraq Veteran myself and 65% disabled. I have been struggling for 3 years with PTSD, Depression, Anxiety and severe back issues. With all the doctors, Phsyciatrist, Phsycologist, drug rehab. spinal injections with little results. One trip with PHW has done more for me than all of that. They got me out of the house because I also suffer from Agoraphobia and got me fishing again. Since then I have tried to get out atleast once or twice a week. This is a great Organization.

Awesome to hear its helping you and others, and thank you for your service. Go catch some fish!

Thanks and good luck to you, NewTyer1. Hopefully, the fishing will be tremendous.

Enjoy and remember to post some pictures.......

From a fellow vet..... Take care of yourself brother!

If it's wounded vets it's not controversial. Have a great time.

Thanks for your service! Hope you and everyone else enjoys the trip.

Thanks guys. It's funny. PHW started at Walter Reed when one Dr. decided he needed to do something for these soldiers who were suffering with PTSD and could not concentrate. It started out as fly tying in which the soldiers needed to focus thier attention and it was such a sucess that it bacame what it is today. It is a very relaxing time away from always thinking and being depressed. I for one am glad for the program.

NT1,

Tie (or buy) plenty of trico spinners (24's) for fishing that section, and have a GREAT time. Post a report to share. Good fishin'.

From a old vet that was lucky to get through it many years ago without a scratch to you and all your buddies I wish you tight lines and many smiles,you sure deserve them!

Tight lines and an almighty fish on.

Have fun and may the fishing gods be with you......Thank you for your service to our country

Hey New Tyer,
Have a great time and say hi to a buddy of mine that will be one of the guides, Dan Genest. He's from the Richmond area.
When you get back and the water rises a bit and cools some, give me a holler and we'll fish the SNP .
Best,
Steve

My family and I thank you for your service and your sacrifices. I hope our government provides you with the support you and your family need and deserve.

Back