Fly Fishing Blogs/Sites

W

wsender

So I love PAFF but do read some other sites for news and information. I really like reading Moldy Chum and Single Barbed as well as Orvis News Fly Fishing Blog.

So what sites do you guys like to check? I'm interested in seeing what else is out there so see what I'm missing.

Little Juniata River Association forum.
Its focused on one river (although discussion about other streams pop up), but good information and very accurate responses from the president who knows the river better than any other I know

I was about to point out this thread isn't even a week old and on the same topic, but I noticed its completely empty of information now.

Odd.

I was about to point out this thread isn't even a week old and on the same topic, but I noticed its completely empty of information now.

Odd.

....and a double post! Nice, anomolies!

I also check out trout predator and the itinerant angler. Global flyfisher has some nice patterns too. Those are the 3 I vist most after this site.

gfen wrote:

Odd.

That thread is still there with tons of resources. This should be reported to dkile. When looking at older posts that aren't on the front page, it apparently changes your view setting and looks blank. Change it to view threaded, then back to flat and all the posts automagically appear.

Although it's certainly no where near as active as it used to be, I still check out flyfishers paradise site.
And in season, you can count on the stream reports section to be right on the money.
I've fished with a few guys who post on trout nut - and check it out occassionally. But they seem to have spot burning police there, and apparantly,you have to watch what you say on it in that regard. I've never had any desire to join it

I had that come up blank to when I went back to check it out. Thought maybe my topic crossed a line or sumthin. Wish more woulda responded to it

You should repoost the URL to that fabulous new blog, and then go andomly click on some ads.

Yes. My children need new shoes. And I need gators. Help me build an empire.

http://wildtroutstreams.com

Tons of information about finding wild trout streams in PA, though the coverage is ME to GA.

I admit to being biased as I built the site.

wtsobsessed wrote:
http://wildtroutstreams.com

Tons of information about finding wild trout streams in PA, though the coverage is ME to GA.

I admit to being biased as I built the site.
Yes, this is a very useful resourse that I forgot to mention. Thanks!

Although my blog is mostly about hunting, I am beginning to post some of my experiences as I begin the endeavor to "figure out" this sport of flyfishing.

www.nontypicalpursuits.com

I'd be honored if any of you would follow or check it out!

wildtrout2 wrote:
Yes, this is a very useful resourse that I forgot to mention. Thanks!

If you haven't been back recently, the site (http://wildtroutstreams.com) was completely rebuilt in January of 2011. Turns out that PA pages get the most hits. As a result, I've been focused on finding new PA information, which I've been adding continuously, as recently as yesterday.

Sorry for the shameless self promotion, but here is mine!

www.mrbrownliner.wordpress.com

sipe wrote:
Although my blog is mostly about hunting, I am beginning to post some of my experiences as I begin the endeavor to "figure out" this sport of flyfishing.

www.nontypicalpursuits.com

I'd be honored if any of you would follow or check it out!

Nice Blog well laid out I won't be click on any of the side ad but will be back to follow your adventures.

On a side note I've been reading quite a bit on shed hunting just haven't got going on doing it myself. Congrats on your finds well done!

Back