Fishing Creek near Lamar, Pa

T

tom416

Over the Labor Day weekend I will be trying Fishing Creek near Lamar, PA. I see there is an exit for Lamar on Interstate 80, does anyone know if there is lodging close by as I would like to stay over night and fish the next day to.
Any other suggestions would be greatly apprecited also.
Thank you in advance. :-D
Tom Hartman

There is a national chain hotel there at the exit as well as a local hotel. Milesburg is 15 miles, two exits from there and has a motel as well. If camping is an option, a KOA and Ft. Bellefonte are off the Bellefonte exit. I have no idea as to what the rates are for either option as my cabin is only 5 miles from Lamar,
Jim Kearney

If you'll need to visit a flyshop while you are there, you might consider setting up lodging with The Feathered Hook in Coburn, PA. It is only about 25 minutes over the mountain and will be much quieter than a lodge near the highways. As a guest, I am sure you will have Jonas' best advice and supplies at your fingertips before starting out for the day.

It's a Comfort Inn that's right off the exit. I've stayed there while I was working. Pretty decent hotel. They've got a breakfast bar in the morning too.

Hope that helps.

For camping R. B. Winter state park is not too far either.

Dear Tom,

Penn State plays at home on Saturday September 1. You probably will not find a hotel room within 50 miles of State College for Labor Day Weekend, but if you do expect to pay about $ 150.00 for a night. They make their money when they can!

You may find a spot in a campground, but even that is an "iffy" proposition this close to major National Holiday. In a pinch you can park off the road in the State Forest and sleep in your car, or you can sleep at the truck stops in Lamar. Just watch out for lot lizards. :-D

Regards,
Tim Murphy

Back