lilkobain8848xo

i was fishing a wild trout stream today in northeast pa
it was caught on an orange stimulator
it was only about five inches but i was still very excited

Attachments

• Photo0023_0001.jpg
    Photo0023_0001.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 11
I still haven't caught one. Those are cool looking trout.

A question for those that have caught them. Do you think they fight better than a brookie or brown? The only reason I ask is that some hybrids do fight better than either parent fish. Hybrid sunfish for sure, and I've herd the same holds true for Hybrid stripers and tiger musky.

Not trying to hijack here. It is a beautiful fish.

Stunningly beautiful wild tiger. I wonder if the other fish make fun of it because it is different?

i iwsh i could tell you if it fought hard but this fish was to small to put up a fight
even on a 3wt

i have found they are very aggressive both on stream and in the hatchery. We cant keep them with browns because in the hatchery the browns are really picky and take the longest to get any size. if we have the tigers with them the browns wont get to eat. we keep the browns segregated from the other fish but we usually let the state raise the browns and we go for golden rainbows, rainbows, brooks and tigers. We had holdovers we put in and we got one of the tigers mounted for the club.it was 24" and 7.5 lbs i believe. Monster fish.

i had caught one on yellow creek on a wooly bugger. he completely swallowed the size 6 lead eyed bugger so he went home needless to say he was bleeding. He fought really well i think he was a hold over though.

Does the state stock tigers in the creeks for the season?

Gorgeous Tiger! I hope I manage to catch one someday.

Nice! Worth more than all the 10lb paliminos in the world.

lilko,
It's my understanding that the PFBC does not stock tigers - only private clubs.

This fish is almost certainly wild. Nice job! In over 30 years of FFing for wild trout I have yet to catch a wild tiger.

The state claims not to stock but, they do. I have caught to many in the northeast streams which are only stocked by state. so far over 50 fish I have caught. delaware below Easton is loaded with them if you know where to look..

Attachments

• TigerTroutBB2a.jpg
    TigerTroutBB2a.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 3
Why is this a tiger trout, when the one on this thread is not?
http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13630&forum=2

I thought the same thing, I believe that first one IS a tiger, just leaning more towards to Brownie genes. Just like other mixed breed animals. For example, sometimes you get a litter of pups mixed with collie and shepard, some of the pups look more like the shepard and others can look more like the collie.

live2fish wrote:
Why is this a tiger trout, when the one on this thread is not?
http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13630&forum=2

Because the other is a brown trout?

It is a wormy brown, but its a brown nonetheless. Look at the fins, and the red spots on the other fish - brown. Look at the fins and no red spots on this fish - tiger.

trying my first pic upload, pic attached is a tiger trout caught and released on the east branch of codorus creek in york county on the ike walton grounds. not sure if the club or state stocked this fish but it is a tiger and the other fish in the other thread is not. not a great pic though you can clearly see the tiger stripes.

Attachments

• Copy of TROUT499.jpg
    Copy of TROUT499.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1
Livetofish,
The trout in the link you provided is a brown trout. It clearly has red spots on the flank and dark spots (although unusually shaped ones) against a lighter background. Tigers have "worm track" vermiculations along their flanks typical of what you see across a brook trout's back. These vermiculations are usually an olive color but are placed against a darker background. This affect is particularly noticeable in the photo of the large tiger that Sandfly posted - lighter vermiculations against a darker background.

And Fishidiot takes the grand prize.
You are one lucky dog lilkobain. Would LOVE to see one in person someday.
What the heck am I doing up this early?

Some good tiger pics. be sure to watch the scrolling slide show at the bottom.

http://www.bouldermountainguide.com/tigertrout.html

That's a beautiful wild tiger and a rare catch. Congrats. I was lucky enough to catch my first wild tiger about 2 weeks ago. It was only the second one I've ever seen in 30 years. It's not something you can expect to happen twice in your life.

Caught this at Fishing Creek in the narrows...

Attachments

• DSCF4487.JPG
    DSCF4487.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 2
Back