First Nice Day

Bruno

Bruno

On that first nice warm spring day - What stream are you going to choose to play hookey in ?

AKID - will hopefully be employed full time at that point

:-D

I have a couple in mind but have yet to choose.

not sure, there are a couple wild trout streams I like to hit, but that depends on how much snow is left in the woods. a couple mile hike in 2 feet of snow is not my idea of a fun spring day!
if snow is too deep, might just hit a spec reg area, little sandy or cool spring possibly.
regardless where I fish, I will take a few beers and take the time to just sit in the sun, smoke a cigar and drink a beer, hopefully after I catch a fish or two!
oh yeah, hopefully all this will happen SOON!

Temps in the 40s Saturday over most of PA!

Woo Hoo!

It's coming!!!!

I will def take a day off and either hit my favorite Class A, the Neshannock DHALO, or a few new places I have in mind. Which ever way it works out it will be nice to just get out and wet a line!

Maybe just maybe we turn the corner this weekend.highs here ,mid 70's.Till then more junky weather.Fingers crossed.

Starting today it is special reg trout waters only right?

BJKaledas wrote
Starting today it is special reg trout waters only right?

This comes up every year and the regulations are not as crystal clear as everyone would like, but...

It is not OK to fish most approved trout waters (stocked sections under general regs) or waters downstream of approved trout waters. It is OK to fish most special regulation areas. Most agree that it is OK to to fish on a catch and release basis in wild trout streams during the period from March 1 to opening day.

so... is it ok to fish a section of a stocked stream that is designated 'class a' year round???

My first choice would be a smaller, true spring creek

teacreekfreak wrote
so... is it ok to fish a section of a stocked stream that is designated 'class a' year round???

I think JackM answered this question succinctly last year. Read for yourself http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6796&forum=2&post_id=68707#forumpost68707

WIFS!

Yeah. This time of year the only trout streams I fish are FFO and DHALO as I know you can fish them.

Melting snow revealed daffodil shoots in protected southwest facing areas.
Robins have been in residential areas for several weeks.
Doves have been paired up and doing their spring nesting territorial calls.
Dog was going crazy over a chipmunk that punched up through the snow (known den hole).
Thousands of snow geese headed toward Middlecreek from Harrisburg direction about 6:15 p.m. yesterday.
I would guess I'll be smelling road-squished worms within three, no more than four weeks (needs a ground thaw).
Time for exercise casting.

vern wrote:
Melting snow revealed daffodil shoots in protected southwest facing areas.

I was joking with my wife the other day that when this all finally melts the flowers will be blooming underneath...

My stupid daffodils are 5 inches tall with buds already for the third year in a row. They don't open well after they have been frozen solid a few times. The crocus next to them however usually seem unfazed. Ahh spring! :-D

Boyer

I'd say the Gunpowder, but it takes so long for her to warm up...Probaly fish one of the smaller streams near by, like within 30-40 minutes drive..The season won't start for me until mid April..At that point I plan on spending alot of time on Penns...

MattBoyer wrote:
My stupid daffodils are 5 inches tall with buds already for the third year in a row. They don't open well after they have been frozen solid a few times. The crocus next to them however usually seem unfazed. Ahh spring! :-D

Boyer

mine could be as much as a foot tall, but i won't know until the snow melts. :roll: :lol:

i have a field full of them, and I'll bet some are up.

Bruno wrote:
On that first nice warm spring day - What stream are you going to choose to play hookey in ?

AKID - will hopefully be employed full time at that point

:-D

I have a couple in mind but have yet to choose.

does it have to be a trout stream? i won't hit them now until opening day. But i hear the crappies usually hit well in March as soon as the ice clears.

They say it could be in the 50's by Monday, in the Hbg area. Could be a good day to play hooky, for you working gents.

If I could get out not sure where I would go!

PaulG

Back