Fall Fly Fishing Blog Entry on the Home Page

Padraic

Padraic

I enjoyed the blog entry on fall fishing, and wish everyone well in this... our state's prettiest season.

I especially loved the picture. The fall colors are beautiful. Most of all though, I loved the HUGE wasp nest hanging from the branch. It adds a note of danger and potential tragedy to the scene!! :-D

Watch you backcasts, everyone!!

Pad,
When I took that shot of Fritz I originally was moving to take it from under that tree. I was upstream of it and was eyeing up the shot walking backwards when through the sound of the lower riffle I heard this everpresent buzzing sound. I turned and the nest was just a foot above my head with a few soldiers circling it.

I about crapped my pants and slowly moved away and decided that a better shot may include the nest rather than be taken from a "wasp eye view" Had I been stung, it surely would have ended my day...and I might add that what followed was a spectacular day of fishing with slate drakes....ask Fritz.

Padraic: Between the pic and your nice narrative I'm itching for some fall fishing. And if the Eagles continue playing like they did yesterday it looks like I'll get in some more Sunday fall fishing.

I wanted to see if anyone would bring up the picture. That it was a good funny too.

Now that the picture changed....its by PaulG.

And I think thats the pic that Pad doctored to make my flyline look kooky.

I don't see the picture of Nest and Fritz in the photo contest. I think that one needs to be added if possible.

I notices the wasp nest right away, it is huge, funny story Maurice!

Maurice, because of your new job our chances of a Fall trip to the LJ are looking slim :cry:

PaulG

I'm still here. :-D

Cant wait to get out there!

who is in the second picture?

Me

I changed the first picture on the blog to a new one by Maurice and PaulG.

Here is the first picture from a Stream Report by Maurice on the LittleJ a couple of seasons ago.

Back