FF Is An Art Form Not An Illness

fadeaway263

fadeaway263

I agree with the writer...being in the stream surrounded by nature making lithesome casts makes for a very pretty picture in my minds eye.

http://www.timescall.com/ci_18451853

"FF Is An Art Form Not An Illness"

Well, that's one theory. :)

Art form v illness. That's a weird and nonsensical dichotomy.

The mentally ill have generated more than a few great artists over the years, sure why not?

gfen wrote:

The mentally ill have generated more than a few great artists over the years and at least one spinner fisherman, sure why not?

There, I fixed it for you.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

FarmerDave wrote:

I hear if you hold the thread up to a mirror, and type his name three times, he appears...

I started readig the article but lost interest.

It's just fishing and I prefer the nostalgic and couldn't care less about the new technology of fly fishing.

gfen wrote:
FarmerDave wrote:

I hear if you hold the thread up to a mirror, and type his name three times, he appears...

Beatlejuice reference maybe?

I'm not sure anyone would see me casting and call it artistry (maybe my mom), but it is definately an illness in my particular situation. I'm distrubed and down with the sickness...anyone else? :)

Candy man/ bloody Mary

"If you know the water and what bugs are normally in the water, and what nymphs are at what stages, combined with the depth of the fish, that is going to determine your success," Neibauer said.

How to be a millionaire and not pay any taxes:

First, get a million dollars....

surprised Farmer and gary didn't claim they thought it was something other than flyfishing.

It becomes an art form after I have landed the first fish. Prior to that I'm usually somewhat apprehensive and distracted - like an illness.

I should add that I agree with thad Norris: tobacco helps to ease the pain.

I think its an Art form.GG
Pun intended.Art

pete41 wrote:
surprised Farmer and gary didn't claim they thought it was something other than flyfishing.

Sarcasm maybe? ;-)

Don't forget I started fly fishing long before "The Movie."

Tups wrote:
It becomes an art form after I have landed the first fish. Prior to that I'm usually somewhat apprehensive and distracted - like an illness.

In reality, it should stop being an art form after you landed the first fish. IMHO of course.

Sarcasm maybe? Don't forget I started fly fishing long before "The Movie."
FD

No-cheapshot
I started flyfishing when spinning was so new flyfishermen were looked down on[really].

FarmerDave: I mean that until I have landed that first trout, I am generally too distracted by the desire to accomplish the basic task at hand to appreciate the art and poetry inherent in the activity. After the first trout, I can breathe a sigh and focus better on my surroundings.

Artists are pretentious though. That certainly doesn't describe any fly fishermen!

Back