Etters?

MattBoyer

MattBoyer

My band is playing tonight at the Field House in Etters. I was looking at their website and it says the building is a former grist mill on a small branch if Fishing Creek. I will be getting there around 6:30, but my sound check isn't until 8:30. Anybody know just how small this branch is?

Boyer

Sad to say I live only a few minutes from there and have never truly checked it out. Best I can tell from driving over it, it's probably a little smaller than Clarks...and if I remember correctly from a few other people, you probably shouldn't expect much.

Maybe someone else will be able to assist on this one. Heck, now my curiousity is peaked again!

Mike

That's all I needed to know! If it has water and even chubs I'm in! I always get to shows early and end up sitting around in a bar for an hour or so before I play, so weather permitting I will be out back beating the water down. Thanks man!

Boyer

Matt
It has been years but I used to live in Etters and fished that stream regularly. I held quite a few trout and was stocked.
I am not sure if it still is but it is worth a try. You will need to however go a few miles down stream near Yocumtown to get into the water that is worth fishing. They used to stock from around Red Mill School down but the best fishing was always on the lower part of Pine rd. It is only a couple of miles from were you will be at. Pull up mapquest and look for the section of the creek that borders Pines rd. and fish that down to the intersection of Pines and Valley. If you want more info let me know. Good Luck.
Bill A

Thanks a million! My fishing time has been a bit sparse lately, so even a few minutes without a fish will do, although fish are a bonus.

Boyer

Hey I jumped over to the PA Stocking Schedule and it is still on the schedule so if you head down to were I mentioned I am pretty sure you will find some left over fish. The stream is smaller then Clarks more along the lines of Stoney. It is fished heavly with bait early in the year but I will be very surprised if you run into anyone this time of year. You will find plenty of places to park near the road intersection. The water should be nice with the rain we have had.
Bill

Back