Elk Cam

S

steve98

I realize this is not fly fishing related but I was enjoying the live Elk cam the PFBC had just like the bald eagle cam but now it seems the website is changed and I don't see it anymore any info appreciated.

Steve98

I had it bookmarked and it just disappeared one day a week or so ago. I wouldn't be surprised it was due to the state budget impasse. No money=no cam.

This has been the talk of the town here lately since they have taken it down. I know guys that have messaged the Game Commish and have not gotten response back. More than a few would be willing to donate funds to see it stay up. They cry poor mouth all the time and here's a money maker for them and they ignore it. It was pretty cool. The audio was incredible. It'd be nice to see it back up and running again.

Wonder if it was taken down due to the upcoming elk hunt? Not sure if it was located in the "no hunt" zone or not.

IIRC this was set up to run thru the end of the bugling season which ends about mid October. I did check it out a few times, but never saw any elk, but did hear one bugle.

And I don't know how this was " a money maker"? Were there also commercials that I didn't see along with the elk?

I'm sure you can't see how it was or could be a money maker. If they brought it back on line under subscription for viewing it would probably make money. There is a good number of people that I have talked to and read about online that would pay to see it brought back.The commish could undoubtedly see an income through more of these types of cams set up at hot spots for wildlife.

http://pontu.eenet.ee/player/kala.html

Here is a streaming feed of a brown trout stream. You see one every once in a while.

Do you ever see any fish in the stream. Where is this located?

From what I have been able to find it appears to be in Estonia. I see fish almost every time I look, quite calming.

For that matter where's eagle cam?

Back