Disneyworld

D

dubthethorax

Anyone been down recently? I'd like to find some fish without the $$$$ guide service. I hear Frontier Campground is free to fish. Any other spots where I wont get bothered?

Also, I'm guessing shiner patterns but anything else I should bring?

We stayed at a resort called Summer Bay in Orlando back in March. The lake there was great for bass and crappie and you could rent boats, canoes, jetskis etc... I have a feeling all the lakes and ponds around orlando are great to fish.

If you can head south to around Stuart I might be able to hook you up with a great guide...she's a quirky retired salty dog but can sometimes be convinced to take new clients (like me a couple yrs ago). PM if an option for you

Ask a bait shop where you can hook up with Peacock Bass. Shiners with a bobber and a circle hook. Fight much better than a largemouth. Also can catch baby Tarpon.

thanks, but I'm pretty much staying on the resort. need very local options.

I took my fishing gear when we went in 2010 and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge thinking I might fish a bit in Bay Lake. Never did wet a line in 10 days. One reason was the only open spot was a mile hike around the lake and I received conflicting info on that from the "cast" members. Disney really discourages people from going in the lakes for any reason. They claim bacteria, but I think the gators are a factor also. The fishing guides there are a joke. Do not use them...EVER. They know nothing and only have marginal success fishing the docks because the water is exclusively theirs. Watched them perform some comically inept guiding when they were near the docks. Enjoy the trip!!

We did the boat guide thing in 2007 on a business trip and it was amazing. Every fish was around 5+ lbs with the biggest being 10 lbs. It was all shiner fishing but was still fun.

I would tell you to leave the fishing gear at home and enjoy the the time with your family. Kids tend to grow up fast, leave for college, and relocate out of state with alarming speed. Of course I am assuming you are going with kids

If you must go fishing just go anywhere there is water. Southern bass fishing will make you laugh at our bass fishing.

I'm going with my wife, father-in-law, and my 2 year old and 5 year old sons. Trust me, I'm gonna NEED some away time.

You could see the huge bass hanging by the boat docks. I bet if you do fish the lake away from the populated areas it will be worth the effort. Disney is an amazing place for engineering and entertainment. You would think the high prices would keep the crowds down, but that never seems to happen. Enjoy!!

Last time I went with my dauughter it was AAU finals . There was a couple of lakes around our hotel and must have been a 16 yr old boy pulling them in left and right. He was using rubber worms and kicking butt. Apparantly you can fish if you are a guest.

I was down there last year and i fished at the near the Frontier Campground. The word I got was that your allowed to fish all bodies of water. I fished the canal entrance of the main lake with my fly rod at the campground. By the way there are a few alligators that do live in the lake.

so yeah...alligator thing is for real...snuck out at 10pm last night and was throwing a big size 2 popper... a 3-4 foot monster broke me off instantly. yep. it was a gator. scared the hell out of me. screw fishing down here at night.

Back