Dismal Run

W

Wmass

Anyone know the regulations for this stream? I read in a book that it is mainly a private stream. Anyone know if this is true?

I like the name.

I did some searching on the Internets using the Google. And I found it mentioned on this DCNR page.
http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/Parks/ridleycreek.aspx

When I saw this thread title, I thought it was about the Steelers last couple games. :-(

I believe it would have the same regs as the fly stretch of Ridley Creek catch and release fly fishing only..

JackM wrote:
When I saw this thread title, I thought it was about the Steelers last couple games. :-(

No, they’ve wandered up an unnamed creek, without a paddle.

It is not on any list except as a boundary for the C&RFFO area of Ridley Creek. That puts it under general regulations. Access is a different issue. Where Private - Open or public land it would fall under general regulations and where Private - Closed it would be at the discretion of the landowner or lessee.

The beauty of C&R fly fishing is that you can fish just about anywhere year round without worrying about regulations. (except for for during the closed season on Approved Trout Streams from March 1 thru Opening Day)

Looking at the map, the lower end of the creek is in Ridley Creek S.P. from the mouth up to the first bridge, just a short distance. Then above that its in private land for a short distance. Then above that it runs through Tyler Arboretum for well over a mile. You'd have to check with the arboretum to see if fishing is allowed.
Are there trout in Dismal Run?

That is perhaps the best name for a stream I've ever heard.
I've got to go there just to say, "When it comes to fishing, I've had a Dismal Run."

Back