Did Lancaster get slammed this week? Is there anyplace those of us from SEPA can fish this weekend?

fadeaway263

fadeaway263

It seems like months since I have fished. High heat and continual down pours. Just looking to wet a line an hour or so from home this weekend. Any thoughts?

Lehigh Valley streams will be fine!

You are looking for the Stream Locations section, not Stream Reports.

LOL

I can only comment on the two Lancaster waterways I see on an almost daily basis - Conestoga River and Cocalico Creek. Both are muddy but not much higher than usual for this time of year. Conestoga was choolate brown this morning when I ran by at 6:00am. We have had t-storms the last couple of days. Not sure where you had in mind but if it was me I would probably look elsewhere in SEPA.

To much whiskey in the coffee this morning Fade

This thread was moved from Stream Reports to General Fly Fishing as it deals with weather and potential fishing locations rather than a specific, past tense fishing report.

Thanks for your understanding.
Dave W

Per my email to you, I would suggest heading north into lehigh valley and pocono area. Much better fishing generally found around there than a lot of the streams of SE PA.

Looking at the weather right now and I'm here to tell you, if the LV gets the storms on the radar, then check you stream guages. The streams on Furnace Hills are fine on the Lancaster Lebanon border. I checked them out last night. I think the worst of the sttorms are missing that area. But you never know.

Yeah, I was planning on hitting either the LL, Cedar, or Saucon tomorrow AM and I've been watching the weather nonstop. It's not looking good for Allentown. Looks like it's about to get slammed around 6pm tonight. Might head up to the Po. Does that place even get trikes?

been watching the LL this evening. Jumped from 69 to 108 in two hours. I'm sure its gotta be brown.

WTH I'm gone for a week and suddenly he's in my backyard.

Has there been rain? I get my PICC out on Monday and I want to use nmh arm without fear of blood clots.

gfen wrote:
WTH I'm gone for a week and suddenly he's in my backyard.

Has there been rain? I get my PICC out on Monday and I want to use nmh arm without fear of blood clots.

Good to hear Gary, on to better days.

tully was fine today, mostly smallmouth but certain "members at large" from DTU were catching trout while sitting down! I stopped at other streams in lancaster on the way home, they were fine...

Attachments

• 8:20 RBLB.jpg
    8:20 RBLB.jpg
    801.4 KB · Views: 2
SBecker wrote:

that's all right, in three weeks they'll pull the kidney ending fun for the fall, too.

gfen wrote:
SBecker wrote:

that's all right, in three weeks they'll pull the kidney ending fun for the fall, too.

Least you got winter and nymphing!

O, I KNOW LOL

TimRobinsin wrote:
tully was fine today, mostly smallmouth but certain "members at large" from DTU were catching trout while sitting down! I stopped at other streams in lancaster on the way home, they were fine...

Awesome. Water was only 74 degrees today. Thanks DTU!

Back