Day Light Savings Time

MKern

MKern

With the up coming day light savings time, time change, alots for fishing after work form me, and I'm stoked.

Anyone else relying on the clock switch to log some fishing hours?

BTW, I must be jinxed. Lately, every time I schedule to go fishing, the weather takes a drastic change from like high 40's to 30 and snowy.

I'm always glad to get back to daylight savings time - in fact, I wish we would stay on it year round.
Fishing wise, it still seems to give me an extra hour of fishing - especially in spring time, when the fish rise in the afternoon, and quit by 4-5 pm.

I hate EDT, I'd rather have the daylight in the morning the fish don't care.

Long sunlit evenings are where it's at. I can't wait. I can only fish weekends in the winter because of the damn short days. Bring it on.

DST allows me to run to the local lake after work and catch early season bluegills. Now I have to wait for the rest of the ice to melt.

Dear Mkern,

I'm with Chaz, now we have another month or so of it being dark
until 6:30 in the morning. I hate having to get up and go to work in the dark, it sucks and after just going through wWinter the return of DST takes your morning right back to early January.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

Awwwwwww, poor boys have to get up when its dark....lol...

..Matt sometimes if you wait an extra day the water will be better.. it takes the fish a while to acclimate to the conditions..in other words if its 40 today and 20 tomorrow i fish on the colder day, since the fish will be acclimated to the weather from before..

I'd much rather go to work when it's dark, and have an extra hour of daylight in the evening to putz around in the yard or go fishing anytime

Bring it on! I'll actually be able to run, fish, or whatever without having to say "eh, I could go, but it'll be dark in 30 minutes anyway." I'm basically just holding out for April 16th regardless of daylight...

Can't wait for the change! will be able to leave the office and fish or play golf. More sun in the evening works better for me!

I'm with Chaz, now we have another month or so of it being dark until 6:30 in the morning. I hate having to get up and go to work in the dark, it sucks

Old people :lol:

I love it. I can fish after work on the weekdays and on the weekend I can get up in time to get to the stream at first light. BRING IT ON!

Yeah, I'm not gonna get up at 6am and mow but I'll do it at 6pm...

Sanfly wrote: "Matt sometimes if you wait an extra day the water will be better.. it takes the fish a while to acclimate to the conditions..in other words if its 40 today and 20 tomorrow i fish on the colder day, since the fish will be acclimated to the weather from before.."

Bob, I have used this theory many times -- well actually most of the times I fish. But I was thinking more long term, like 3 days of cold and snow before the weekend. mother nature has just been against me this winter.
But this all changes now -- I can fish from about 4 - 6ish after work; just like in the fall.

I'll take DST!

I wish it was year around, I hate when it gets dark early!

Tim

Now when it warms up a bit, we can meet up at Clarks in the evening.

Tim & PaulG-

let me know when you are heading to Clarks. I live near Linglestown and would love to join you! Warmer days and longer evenings are great! I drive a white suburban with fishing & hunting stickers on the side back windows, if you see it keep an eye out for me.

Scotto
Will do!

I always enjoy meeting new people from the board!

Right now I couldn't fish if I wanted too, this lyme disease is kicking my butt. I finally got a Doctor that knows what he's doing. Because I've had this for so long, he says Im in it for the long haul...we'll see

Some advice here, check yourself good after you been out in the woods, you sure dont want to end up with lyme, it's a bitch!

PaulG

afishinado wrote:
Chaz and Tim are just grumpy old men.....DST rocks! Bring it on!

Dear afishinado,

I'll admit to the grumpy part but I'm on the fence regarding the old part?

I don't mind daylight savings time but I liked it better when it started in April and ended in October, what we are doing tomorrow is just jaggin' off.

I work two jobs by choice and having endured a Winter of commuting in the dark to job one only to return home and let the dog out for a poop and pee and then heading off to job two I really was starting to like not driving to job one in the dark.

It'll always be dark when I come home from job two.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

Hm. Another reason to vote "Uncle Fed" out of Congress . . .

This stupid revised DST plan has stolen my beloved early spring, early morning fly-fishing hours and replaced 'em with evening hours along the stream squeezed in between bait-tossing Tom, Dick, and Harry.

I say replace ALL 535 empty suits taking up space in the U.S. Capitol with new blood; political party, unimportant.

Just my personal opinion, of course!

Not to be a Di%( but it is not like congress has changed the speed of the earth or anything. You can still move your schedule around....

You guys don't know dark winters until you lived through an Alaskan dark winter. By februrary the memory of fishing a stream in the summer sun seems like a cruel halucination.

Back