Crooked Elk Rendezvous

mcfinn

mcfinn

Albatross & Bruno shared a recipe for some holiday cheer up in erie today: morning on the tribs, quaint bar for lunch, followed by
more tribs til sunset - and NO group hug, which was a RELIEF.
Greg & Matt drove up from Pitts-wherever and we bounced around Elk and Crooked creeks for a bit. Both creeks had a nice green patina to them with fish here and there, but hard to find (as in we hardly found any at the end of our lines). We each managed to pull browns at some point (i think) and Bruno-Matt got a hefty steelhead on a white beadhead bugger. The bar photos looked cooler than most of the stream photos i took, so here you go...
Thanks again for the rendezvous Greg & Matt.

Attachments

• 100MEDIA$IMAG0070.jpg
    100MEDIA$IMAG0070.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 100MEDIA$IMAG0071.jpg
    100MEDIA$IMAG0071.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 2
  • crooked mouth.jpg
    crooked mouth.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 2
  • dcc1226elkbrown.jpg
    dcc1226elkbrown.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 2
Whoops! I replied to the old thread.

The fishing was slow, but the company was great (as usual). Bruno landed the only steelhead for our party and I don't think he got a photo.

I got a few nice silhouette shots near sunset...

WP_000138.jpg

WP_000134.jpg

The second of Alby's photos should be entitled "Skunked."

The lonely dusk approaches, the anglers hold their heads in little shame. A glance in the box. Is it really time to go?

For a second there I thought Bruno was trying to relieve himself at the bar. Love sunset in the winter. Best time of day.

Great time in Erie. Mcfinn it was a pleasure to meet and fish with you. Hopefully we can do it again in the spring.

Thanks again.

Nice! Looks like you guys had fun, it would be hard not to with that crowd.

Back