Confessions of a white truck chaser...

ryguyfi

ryguyfi

I have to freely admit I needed a morale boost from driving 2 hours each way, getting skunked, and breaking my reel on Saturday. I went to my local ATW stream a few hours after it got stocked and caught 9 and missed a dozen or so in an hour. I figured I have to admit my problem as step one lol.

Bring on the hatches now!

ryan,

Did you get my pm response to your trip, or did it not go through?

this a twelve step program?lmao this is good.

My name is albatross and I caught stockies last night...

I'm reformed!
But I do, every once in a while, take on the greatest challenge a reformed FF can face...I will fish stocked water attempting to avoid all stocked fish while catching only the few wild fish present (if any) in the stream!

I am still in denial - all fish are wild IMO - I aint got no problem .

I don't discriminate, stockies are fish too.

Admitting a that you have a problem is the first step to a solution. Keep coming back, it works if you work it! lol

I can quit anytime I want....

my name is wsender and i was chasing carp today and justifying by calling them 'golden bone fish'.

God, I feel dirty like one of you Lil J or Valley spot burners... but I was clowning around today on Chartiers Creek and I fished for awhile but conditions were not very good.

Still alittle high and very murkey-1-2 ft vis.

I did however hook into a huge carp but lost him 5 ft. from shore- very dissapointted in myself. Drat

Fishing will get better.

I saw tires of every size and description. From subcompact to light duty truck to semi. Saw lawnmower wheels, stroller, but I could'nt ID this one tire type- can you?

Ran into this clown today. What an idiot.

Chartiers is #1.

Attachments

• WWinsurgent 002.jpg
    WWinsurgent 002.jpg
    948.1 KB · Views: 2
  • totalart.jpg
    totalart.jpg
    923.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Canyouidthis.jpg
    Canyouidthis.jpg
    938.5 KB · Views: 2
  • clown.jpg
    clown.jpg
    874.1 KB · Views: 2
  • streamersfreak.jpg
    streamersfreak.jpg
    898.5 KB · Views: 2
I not only fish stockers. I frequently use junk flies.

David wrote:
I'm reformed!
But I do, every once in a while, take on the greatest challenge a reformed FF can face...I will fish stocked water attempting to avoid all stocked fish while catching only the few wild fish present (if any) in the stream!

I find if you fish the faster runs or more of the B water you will catch more wild fish in a stocked stream :-D

Never had a problem with stock trout, just love to fish!

PaulG

No shame in it, especially considering where you live. Obviously we would all rather fish for wilds (cept mute:)) but I'd be fishing for stockies if that was pretty much all I had around me.
Only bad thing I can see is you'd possibly develop some bad habits which will be a no-no when you do make it out for the wilds.

I have begun to avoid streams where there is no possibility of a hatch. Recently, while in the highlands, I had several wild streams nearby, but chose to fish in a DHALO because the stream had hatches-- and stocked trout.

Generally, seeking out hatches drives me to more wild streams, but not in all cases.

Akid-
those tires in Chartiers are "stream improvement devices"

Generally, seeking out hatches drives me to more wild streams, but not in all cases.

I'd think the opposite. Chasing hatches often leads one to larger streams. There are a few large streams with wild fish, and they are true gems. But more often than not, the larger the water, the less likely to contain wild fish and more likely to be stockies.

I do it too, though. I like wild fish, I like chasing hatches. I do both, and when they go together its perfect (like the famous limestoners). But more often than not, I spend a day on a small stream chasing wild fish, and the evening on a large stream chasing hatches and stockies. That works fine too.

acristic, I hate clowns

As far as the tire, definitely in the family muddiaa, and I believe genus redneckium. I'll guess the species is dirtbikis. They are often found together with scumbagis. If so, it's strange, it's a bit early to see those guys, so who knows. When I get a little more time, I'll check tirenut to confirm the I.D.

Back