Condollences for Jaybo

ConMan

ConMan

Not sure if this is the right place or not for this so if it is not I apologize. Condolences to my best friend Jaybo who lost his dog Max. May he rest in peace buddy.

Be well, mate.

Mike.

When I got my first golden pup they said the pup would howl all night. then would grow to shred my shoes, my sheet rock, my table legs but the worse grief I would ever have... is to loose all of that, my best companion.

So very sorry

Dogs have always held a special place in our lives and when I thought there was absolutely no way no how a puppy could heal the loss, well babies are always amazing. They teach us old dogs new tricks!

Wetnet

Send my condollences to Jaybo too. I lost Drake, the lab in my avatar, this winter and I know how deep that hurt runs. When the time is right a new puppy will help a great deal.

My deepest condolences. It was hard when I lost Mozart my first dog about 6 years ago. After he was gone I went through a divorce within 6 months and about a few months into it I got Hunter. My lab/Rottie mix. Hunter is 5 now and I know he'll be a tough one to get over too. We've been through alot together.

On a side note, my brother Sal lost his dog Max (go figure) 2 nights ago to a rare form of canine diabetes. When he called I could tell in his voice he was distraught.

Ya i got your PM and saw your post.

kinda hit me hard tonight. That dog used to wait for me @ the door 1 hour before the end of work my wife said. We would just stare and wait. Tonight, no greeting......*blah*

I feel for ya jaybo.......

Damn, must be a bad time of the year. Our choc lab (13 yo) is in bad shape right now, we'll have to do something soon. He's been a great dog, just a big old baby.

My condolences to all!

PaulG

Jaybo, Sal and Paul I'm really sorry. I hope the little guy in avatar is with me for a long time. But you never know when that sad day will come. Just remember the years of joy you had with your best buddy, and as others have written, a new puppy will bring all that joy back again.

I am so sorry for both of you. At very least, a dog is an extension of the family. Sometimes more.
One thing I learned is some folks dont want to get another dog after they lose a close one. What helped me get another was when it was explained to me that dogs dont always get good human companions.

The previous posts are right on. My condolences to Jaybo, Sal and all who've recently lost their best friend.
Dave

Sorry about your pooch Jaybo......go fishin and think about the happy times with em.

Sorry to hear it Jaybo...

All the best Jay -

we lost our Abby said no more, to tough to lose them

don't do that

now we have Amos

what is amazing is that Amos is twice as affectionate and loveable as Abby was

both the same breed both the same size

Happy Thanksgiving
start looking tomorrow

My condolences on the loss of your dog. My dog Kona (German Shapard) is 11 and she has a few years left in her but I know that I will have to face this all too soon. "All dogs go to Heaven".

I've been thinking about getting a dog..It's so hard when they go though..

Sorry about your pouch...

All the good times and memories will long outlast and over come the pain. If that is your only worry, you'll be fine. I miss NOT having a dog. Almost more than I miss any single one of 9 that I had over the years. We had 5 at once, for a short time, when I was in my teens. These were all 100% indoor dogs too. It wa kinda like we lived in their house sometimes.

Thanks ConMan for the post and to all of you for your condollences. Losing a pet sucks, there's no way around it though. 13 great years with a great dog, I was blessed to have him and I've got many, many fond memories.

To those of you with pets, enjoy and appreciate every moment of every day you have with them. Life is too short.

Dear Jaybo,

I hope I'm not too late to chime in and I hope I don't dig things up but here is a poem by Rudyard Kipling that a friend offered to me when the "steak stealer" went away years ago.

I've sort of taken it on myself to offer it to everyone on the internet that I know who has lost a dog. I offer it with my deepest sympathy for your loss.

Four Feet

I have done mostly what most men do,
And pushed it out of my mind;
But I can't forget, if I wanted to,
Four-Feet trotting behind.

Day after day, the whole day through --
Wherever my road inclined --
Four-feet said, "I am coming with you!"
And trotted along behind.

Now I must go by some other round, --
Which I shall never find --
Somewhere that does not carry the sound
Of Four-Feet trotting behind.

Rudyard Kipling

Sincerely,
Tim Murphy

Damn Tim. I'm a man, I'll admit it. That made me a little teary eyed.

Sorry for your loss. As you can tell from my avatar I'm a dog person. Just this morning my 12 yo Viszla Annie went down the hallway steps spaly legged. I got another Viszla puppy 3 years ago to help me with the time when Annie passes. I reccomend to everyone to get a second dog when your 1st when becomes a senior citizen. It will be good for you in the long term and good for your senior dog. When I got Penny Lane 3 years ago Annie perked right up!

Back