Cheeky Fly Fishing Co. is trying to inject a dose of cool into our sport

fadeaway263

fadeaway263

Didn't know we needed a dose of cool.
If Gfen buys the reel in the picture he could be to FF what Ricky Fowler is to golf.

http://www.pressherald.com/business/fishing-stuff-for-the-non-stuffy-_2011-06-07.html

The birght yellow shirt looks like a winner for fishing the Letort and the reels have a reasonable price.

The sport has plenty of style. Their premise is flawed. I think that they are trying to inject some more *expensive* style, and good luck to 'em. I'm not interested. Glad to see the rich trying to take the rich's money, though, as opposed to the more traditional model. :)

Though I gotta admit that I have an affinity for some of the simms gear I own, and would probably rock the non-fishing shirts if I had the income.

Bright yellow shirts make ideal targets for terrorist hit squads.
Camo is the way to go.
Like fades avatar in a bar.

since when do ugly and poor designs = cool
what the hell is with the name... "cheeky"
I guess it sounds better than "Fly reels made by rich kids"

i saw the reels at somerset... inside a locked glass case

Those YMWFF of CheekyFFco_Oh to be 50 years younger or to have their knees.
Hey, I have a lime green shirt,spf30.lol
It ain't how you wave your rod it's how you lay your line.
Next stop a gold inlay-ed diamond encrusted platinum monogrammed 1wt.Wearing designer waders and handmade angora lined ,ostrich skin,Mongolian Felt Soled boots by Salmo.
Enter the millionaire fly fisherman.
Yuppies.
Pattee? for lunch on warm baggettes. With Dom Perignon in crystal glasses.

Someone should probably inform them that quality and style does not need to be (and most often is NOT) loud or gaudy.

I happen to love the understated style of the fly fishing tradition. I love my tans, greens, and greys that blend in with my environment.

Good luck to them, but i'll be sending my money elsewhere.

Cheesy Fly Fishing Co. would be a better name.

fadeaway263 wrote:
If Gfen buys the reel in the picture he could be to FF what Ricky Fowler is to golf.

I absolutely abhor all of the cheeky young style in this sport from such people as Bug slinger, howler boys, and anyone who has the word spey in their company title.

Fly Fishing does not need its own version of Ed Hardy, thank you very much.

As much as I find some of the designs novel, or chuckle at their witty fishisms, the very narrow niche of people who are expected to find them amusing: Young, hip, bearded outdoorsy men with bright colourful tattoos and, of course, spey rods talking about chrome fishing with tubes and posting on drakemag.com forums are everything I detest about fishing.

I would lock them all into a tiny little room and let them all suffer gladly while tolerating the insane rantings of the greyhair brigade (that's you, fade, lovable tottering old man that you are) whom at least aren't doing this out of some sort of extreme need to show off their unique personality.

That said, I make no secret how very, very badly I want an Abel Creek with the skull and cross bones pattern.

Frat boys should stick to date rape and golf. Stay away from the trout streams plz.

Looks like a hermit/mouse wheel

I'm all for "fresh" ideas and gear, however this is not very appealing to me. I think Simms solidly has the market these guys are trying to get into locked up...

$640 for a reel. Wow.

"the reels have a reasonable price."....uhhhh...not for the average guy like me

fadeaway263 wrote:

http://www.pressherald.com/business/fishing-stuff-for-the-non-stuffy-_2011-06-07.html

That looks like #OOPS#, sorry.

Although, I can't wait till I get my Ed Hardy waders.

I absolutely abhor all of the cheeky young style in this sport from such people as Bug slinger, howler boys, and anyone who has the word spey in their company title.

oh, I don't know about all of that, this guy is making a pretty decent reel....

Speyco Reels.

I say to each his own. We've got everything in our house from Orvis right from the catalog to some that hold residence under duct tape. It's all good. No matter what I say my son insists that his grey socks with the red stripe on top in sandels are cool. They are his fishing socks.

This is like a "Did you see what she wore to the prom and how much did the dress cost?" topic.

Those Speyco reels are very cool. Not someone hiring a CNC firm to do the work - that guy is doing all the work. LOVE IT! Very reasonable price for that level of detail. I'll be saving up for a larger trout model when he gets them out. Need something to balance a 9' heddon bamboo rod.

Cheeky can kiss my namesake backside. At least you'll see them coming with that tacky gear.

BTW for the silent types Speyco makes a silent check version of that single spey reel.

Back