Cell phone service on the little j

Ebrant10

Ebrant10

As awful of a question this is to ask, i do have good reason.

My wife is in the home stretch of our first pregnancy and is due here the end of the month but was told by the dr that chances are she will go early. The onlu stipulation this has on my fishing is wherever i go i have to have cell service. I know i have service on spring creek and in most parts of the cumberland valley. But i was really looking forward to hitting the little j next weekend. I know spruce creek is a dead zone, but what about barree and pertersburg or tyrone end?

Thanks for the help

Evan

I have pretty good coverage in the area. Huntingdon up through Spruce Ck. I didn't used to have service at the parking lot at Barree but when I was up Memorial Day weekend I had coverage in the dead end parking lot at Barree. I don't carry the fone with when I'm wading.... T-Mobile but it switches to AT&T in that area. Hope it helps Good luck and congrats!

I had very spotty coverage on the little j. (Verizon)

If there is a chance she will go into labor don't travel anywhere

Thanks guys, i think ill be good there, if i dont ill just go to spring that day.

No worries, shes not that close, the 16 is the last day i have to fish actually, shell be 37 weeks that day and after that i am no longer allowed to run off to the water until after the baby comes...maybe (her exact words) so ill just start tying in july instead of november lol. Tight lines all and thanks again

Evan

Would be helpful to know your carrier.

As noted Att & Verizon are dead in Spruce Creek and a couple miles up stream. Most carriers have pretty clear maps.

Jdaddy,
I have sprint, but i have free roaming with my phone also so generally i can get service in areas that have some. Spruce creek is totally dead for me though. Thanks

Evan

Are you the Doctor? I was always under the impression that the Doctor is the one who needs to be there for the delivery. He is the one getting paid not you. Of course this theory was not true for me. I ended up having to deliver our own son in our house because we did not make it to the hospital in time, and guess what? The doctor still got paid and I didn't get anything. I always told my wife that I didn't need to be there I wasn't the doctor. I guess she proved me wrong. Good Luck with everything. I would recommend staying close to home to fish.

i took my wife along when she was that close :)

Back