2013-10-31 12.22.19.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 2013-10-31 12.24.37.jpg
    2013-10-31 12.24.37.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 2013-10-31 12.25.02.jpg
    2013-10-31 12.25.02.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 3
Nice....I deleted all that code in the link at top. I presume it was those pics that you uploaded.

Really nice, really like #2 & #3.

Boy I can't wait to get away this weekend and find me some of those!!
Beautiful fish

Very nice pictures!

I like the fallen leaf component.

Thanks Mo, Your the man. I entered some text too that didn't come out. I'll get it figured out someday.
I'm not a professional photographer and I spend too much money on materials and fly rods to afford better photography equipment. I really wish I could capture the color of fall with the lens as well as a wild trout can. They really transform like the leaves.
I really enjoy others posts here and they inspired me to want to share. I'm really glad that others enjoy. I only photographed these two fish of the 8 caught in the two hours that I fished.
The nostalgic pattern of choice today was a Mallard Minnow. I found the fly stashed in an old box. I know that I had tied it in the 80's. The pattern was given to me on the stream by Lee Dobbs who passed on last year. Lee was one of the very few fly fisherman in this area when I was young. I knew of him and he of me, when we ran onto each other it was like we know one another. I haven't fished this pattern for a long time but I think I will tie some more. The mallard wing really makes the fly swoon and dart erratically. Thanks Lee.

The Brookie was black in the mouth. It's the Brook trouts Halloween costume. I dig it. I didn't really look for redds.

Those are some beautiful shots, thanks for sharing.

Maurice wrote:
Nice....I deleted all that code in the link at top. I presume it was those pics that you uploaded.

No. He embedded the pics! :-D

Looks like your doing very well with your current photography equipment. It doesn't get much better than wild trout in the fall of the year. Absolutely beautiful creatures. Great job!

Man I gotta get out this weekend! So amazing.

This stream is hot going downstream with streamers right now. I archery hunt but the stream is calling me. Brookiechaser you know this stream. There is close to twenty miles of wild unstocked water here that sees very very little pressure and it could use some friends. You Lancaster boys are forty minutes to an hour away. Anybody who wants to get out and see a truly pristine mountain stream off the map. Let me know. I don't have any problem sharing a stream that should be appreciated by more fisherman like the ones here.

The_Sasquatch wrote:

Yes, you do. Nothing quite as majestic as the fall colors along a trout stream!

Those are about the most beautiful fish you'll ever see. Very nice!

Nice images. I really enjoy photography and find it a real challenge to capture good images while I fly fish. Especially if I am trying to handle a fish. Well done.

Olympus Stylus TG-830 is the camera I carry. This is my second Olympus. The first died in Rhode Island, after a successful attempt at photographing my first striper, It fell out of my pocket and off the rock I was perched on in the breaking waves. The camera was down there for 20 minutes before I could muster up the courage to dive down and get it. I placed it back in my carrier which was also wet. I then forgot about it until the afternoon. I got a couple more pictures out of it before it went. I accept all the blame for the death of the first one. I hope the new one is as tough.

I strive to capture exactly what my eye sees in a fish and I haven't been able to do it. I haven't taken many pictures that I felt did the fish any justice. One in a million is a money shot for me.

wgmiller wrote:
The_Sasquatch wrote:

Yes, you do. Nothing quite as majestic as the fall colors along a trout stream!

I have mounds and mounds of homework, but I may try to make it up Walnut for a few hours Saturday afternoon if I can...

Back