Broken Bow, OK

J

justajeep

I had asked a few weeks ago about the Smoky Mtns, and thanks for all the info... But work got in the way and couldnt get there, I will someday.

I was off for a week in Dallas, stopped at a Bass Pro Shop and asked if there was any place to wet a line. I was told that the only place was in Oklahoma for trout, so off I went and spent a couple days on the water.
BrokenBow171.jpg

BrokenBow169.jpg

BrokenBow166.jpg

I finally found something they liked
BrokenBow157.jpg

BrokenBow158.jpg

BrokenBow159.jpg

BrokenBow162.jpg

You could have won a bet with me but it is next to Arkansas which has great tail water fishing.
thanks for posting,interesting.

Pretty cool, are the fish wild or part of some fingerling stocking program?

That's really cool. Thanks for sharing. There's trout fishing in many places one would little expect it. I personally have had great fishing in Iowa.

Your Oklahoma spot my come in handy for me if my son end up in Grad School at OSU.

Its a stock and grow, what was told to me was they are finding some spawning and are hoping for natives, but who knows, isnt that what we are all wishing for...

I did fish the Ozarks a couple weeks ago, didnt last very long, the generators fired up and blew out the stream to a river in like 10 mins or so, but got a couple hours before the waters rose. I didnt think it would last for 4 days so I didnt take any pics, but I got my line wet and its a lot better than working...

What other species of fish inhabit that waterway? I've always been curious about places like oklahoma.

Back