Asteroid DA14 scared my trouts!

L

lestrout

I could tell the weather forecast undershot the high temps of 50-52 when I sniffed the nice sunny spring air at noon, so I dashed out to a nearby stream to see what was happening. When I got there, I saw pods of trouts gobbling in a non-midgey way. And I did see several BWOs among the usual midges. My third cast got a nice brown but then he got away. It's bad karma to hook up too soon, and what's worse, the trout went back to tell his friends. A few minutes later, everything went dead even though the sky hadn't yet changed.

Riding home, I heard the astronomers tracking the near miss of that durn asteroid. So that's what dood it to my trouts.

hp
les

Imagine how scared you'd have been if it hit! It missed though, but on a cosmic scale not by much. I'm betting that coming that close changes the orbit and speeds it up. It is after all how we made it to the moon (slingshot). Oh that's right I've been told it was a hoax perpitrated by NASA.

Wow Les...I've heard a lot of angler excuses for not catching fish, but never heard of anyone blaming an asteroid! Learn sumthin' every day.

afishinado wrote:
Wow Les...I've heard a lot of angler excuses for not catching fish, but never heard of anyone blaming an asteroid! Learn sumthin' every day.

Actually, it may be the best excuse I've ever hear. Downside is it'll only work once. :lol: :lol:

Les I believe!!!! As Chaz pointed out, now the world will be turning faster. No doubt the streams will flow stronger and as a result, the trout will get stronger in order to survive. Throw away that 4X through 8X! Unload all those 3,4, 5 & 6 weights! I'm thinking at least a 9 weight and 2X for the Little Lehigh. :)

lestrout wrote:
Riding home, I heard the astronomers tracking the near miss of that durn asteroid. So that's what dood it to my trouts.

hp
les

I knew it! :lol:

No Rolf, that's not what I said.

Rolf - re "Throw away that 4X through 8X! Unload all those 3,4, 5 & 6 weights" - but can I keep my 9X thru 12X and my 1 and 2 wts? Oh goodie!

hp
les

Back