Amazing day!

mute

mute

So much to tell. This is kind of a stream report, but not really, just an outline of today. Ill start off with the start of my day. started off at about 10 am and fished one part of evansburg park. Got some fish on brassies and zebra midges, they wouldnt touch anything else. Took an hour break and started fishing another part of the park about 10 minutes away. Again they wouldnt touch aynthing but brassies. AFter getting into about 20 fish as every bait fisherman stood there freezing in awe i seen two fly fisherman come down. I slightly moved upstream to try to makes conversation. After i starting catching a few more fish they yelled for some advice, as i told them to start twitching the midges hey picked up some fish. As about 2:30 came around there started to be alot of rises going on.

I looked on the water and noticed some what looked to be caddis pupa shucks? Atleast thats what they looked like to me. I then seen a few caddis flying around and captured a few as you can see in teh pics below. As well as a few stones. After assuming they were caddis(my bug ID isnt all that good) i tied on one of my cased caddis flies. And sure enough, for the next 30 minutes i was getting fish after fish after fish. Now the great thing about the whole day was, one of the spin fisherman i always see fishign there, usually everytime i go kept applauding my success rate. He then dissapeared and came back with a fly rod. I said hey, i see you finally got a real rod now. He laughed and came down the bank. After making some converation i started teaching him how to use the rod and gave him the cased caddis fly.

Soon enough he was throwing roll casts and hooked into his first fish. Disappointingly enough though the fishes action on the caddis died so he didint get any after that. And thats when i wished him luck and headed out. To sum it up, i had a great time and converted one over from the dark side :-D

And i dont mean to be bragging or anything, im just siked if i read the water correctly and i started getting all those hits on the cased caddis because thats the activity that was going on under.

Good for you Mute...you've earned it with all the tough days you spent on the stream.....you've earned your stripes! Congrats Dude.

BTW,

It's hard to tell from the photo, but in the last photo the top three insects look like stoneflies and the last one looks like a caddis.

I call the "Skippy" the mud puddle. The state puts a lot of fish in and it can be a blast once the fish get used to the bugs! Thanks for the update, I may see you soon. The Valley Creek browns have gotten dumb and 10 fish days there can be a distraction. I only live 5 min. from the Skippy and have fished it every year on opening day since they started stocking it. It isn't wild trout, but still makes you feel good causing some grumbling among the garden hackle dunkers! Get Wet!

Good day. It's nice to have success.

Nice Grayling. Since when do they stock those? :cool:

Looks like you have a few stoneflies and one caddis. The stones fold their wings nearly flat across the back, whereas the caddis wings are over the body like an old-fashioned boyscout tent.

Back