A Thank You for Someone in Hellertown

KeithS

KeithS

Yesterday, I received the license I lost on the Saucon in the mail .
I'm hoping the sender is a forum member and sees this posting. I had spares, since I had done the online license, so I was not SOL.
Thanks for caring enough to put out the effort to return it to me. It's nice to be associated with a caring, considerate, mature community that will look out for each other.

Keith, Congrats an good for you, always nice to hear there are still folks that have the right stuff..pay it foward

I try to pay it forward every day. Hopefully, Karma exists.

I had a good experience with a fisherman on the Saucon as well. A nice genetlemen and I spent some time talking and he left me some curly q indicators to try on the hood of my car, after we talked a little bit about them.

I am never surprised by the kindness and generosity of those who flyfish.
Coughlin

That is good to hear that some people still care, I to am amazed at the way people that hunt and fish seem to have a kindness and generosity to others. I was fishing the other day on Dutch Fork Creek and meet a couple of guys that I talked to like I knew them all my life. Maybe we could get a flyfisherman to run for president!!

Already had a flyfisherman president, Carter.

We all know how that worked out.

I had a similar good citizen (and member of PAFlyFish.com find my license and mail it back from the banks of Muddy Creek. Thanks to all those willing to help out a complete stranger.

Last time on the Little Lehigh, I was sitting down, resting my back, when an older gentleman hooked into a nice trout. He was fumbling a bit with rod and net, trying to release the fish from the fly. I offered to hold the rod for him, which he took me up on, saying he had problems with his left hand.
Sometime later, he walked by me and came over. Thanked me for helping him earlier and handed me one of the midges he had been using so successfully.
Just one more example of the kind of people I have run into both on the water and on this forum. Sure restores my faith in human nature.

Dave

Dear Keith,

I'm glad everything worked out for you.

While you'd never be able to tell from many of my posts I really don't think you lucked out as much as you might think? Good things happen often each day but they rarely are considered newsworthy or worth mentioning publically.

Personally, I still think that the average person is still pretty average, and therefore more considerate and thoughtful, than those considered to be above and below average.

I'll continue to believe that until conclusively proven wrong, blame it on my Mother, if you're looking for someone to blame. ;-)

Slainte'

Tim Murphy :)

Tim, I don't think I lucked out, since I was on a flyfishing only section of a stream. We all help each other out. I just wanted to say "thanks" , hoping the sender was a forum member.

Back