4th of July Yellow Breeches

MCWolfe6

MCWolfe6

Any of you fellas heading to the Yellow Breeches tomorrow? My brother-in-law and I are heading down in the AM and I wondered if I might run into any of ya. Feel free to say hello if we cross paths. I'll be wearing my Detroit Tigers hat.

Hope you all have an enjoyable and safe 4th of July. :pint:

If you get another chance to go out over the weekend give the Little Juniata creek (down your way) a shot with beetles and ants. I was out yesterday morning and did really well. The water was cool.

Buffalo

I'll be catty fishing on the schuylkill. The 4th is a beer holiday, so it's too hard to wade and fly cast.

Good luck to all who fish the holiday and happy 4th.

Thanks for the tip Buffalo. Maybe I'll give that a try this weekend.

Was on the Breeches this morning. Green Weenie worked until they started taking on the surface. #22 trico worked just fine; nothing big but lots of action.

I fished YB on Monday, the place was VERY CROWDED, even more then usual. Seen a bunch of tricos in a few spots but no rising fish. I didn't stick around long, did end up catching 7 with the Orange ant.

If you go you can expect a big crowd!

PaulG

We arrived on the Breeches at about 9am and had the whole creek to ourselves. Within 40 minutes we had 2 guys just downstream and one walking up ahead of us so we packed it up and went for some natives. We did manage to catch 6 pretty little browns before the fish got cut short and the native fishing was great. So in a way I need to thank everyone who fished the Breeches on the 4th.

A quick report...
Arrived on the Breeches around 7am and fished upstream from the racetrack. The water was low and clear as expected. Ended up catching a bunch of shiners. Then headed towards the fly fishing only section around 9am and fished just downstream of it. Talk about crowded! We managed to find a section that was unoccupied and fished it until the rain came which persuaded us it was time to head to our family picnic. We both ended up catching a nice couple of browns on black ants. All in all a good 4th of July. :-D

Back