1wt line

mute

mute

im looking for some 1wt fly line and i found a guy selling it, he lists it as 1wt but when i saw the pics i would assume its 5wt line cause in the middle it says "5 wt double taper trout line 90ft". But im not sure cause it also says DT-1-F at the bottom.

any ideas?

No, its a 1wt...I went and looked at my container for the 8wt I bought last year and on the diagram where it shows the taper, mine uses a 7wt as an illustration. Go by the removable tag at the bottom. You can take that tag, stick it on your spool or spool case and if you are one of those people who has um-teen spools, you can use it for quick identification. Good find by the way.

Dear mute,

Orvis definitely does sell 1 weight lines, though they seem to fluctuate between making them in DT and WF.

I'm not sure from your picture where you see 5 weight DT but I'm thinking maybe it's in one of those drawings. They are usually only there to show the lengths of the tapered sections of the lines because some people actually seem to think that matters.

To me it looks like an official package of Orvis DT1 Wonderline. If you don't feel comfortable buying it ask if he offers an exchange priviledge if you pay the return shipping. Once you receive the line it will be instantly identifiable as a 1WT because it will be so dang thin.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

awesome, thanks guys, cant wait, will be great on my 2wt

Just a question, what 2-wt do you have that you need to speed up? I talked to Walton Powell a long time ago on his theory of 2 up and two down line weights on a given taper (bamboo or plastic) and while I agree depending on the parameters and conditions (I’m assuming it is a dry fly rod). Let us know how it affected the rods action (I would appreciate it).

Joe E

JoeE, when i bought the 2wt, it didint come with line. So ive been using my old rods 5-6wt line, which you can imagine is way to heavy, doest cast smooth at all. Takes alot of energy to throw it out there, the 2wt is only 5ft long as well, so you get the picture.

Back