snapped my FLY ROD!!!

chstrcntyfish

chstrcntyfish

Broke the tip in two places while dragging a canoe through the woods to the brandywine. I'm sending it in on the TFO "no fault" warranty. Anyone have any idea how long it will take for me to fish again? I had planned on making my return trip to the tully....not going to happen now

Anyway, I caught some nice smallies...

On spinning gear.

Don't have experience with TFO, but I've had to send back to Orvis 3 times. This past one only took about 3 weeks...they even cleaned it, sanded the grip, and sent along some ferule wax. The first time I broke it, I was living in western MA, so I drove it up to their home office. I explained I had a big striper trip planned in a few days and asked if they could rush it. They said they couldn't, but gave me a loaner so I could take my trip. First class service on the the repairs in my limited experiences.
Might want to inquire about a loaner from TFO if your trip to the Tully is an important trip.

Na, its not really an important trip. I just wanted to fish the tricos again. I hope they have good service like that though

I have a TFO as well. If you really need one, I can loan it to you for a day.

Thanks for the offer but I think I'll be good. I am sending it back and it's too hot to fish most of the time.

broke my TFO this past march. had the rod back in 2 - 3 wks.

Wow, I can't believe it...I snapped off the tip of my st. croix spinning rod today. I broke it at the same place too...Then we canoed in the POURING rain and yeah, there was thunder and lightening...no I wouldn't do it again.

i have a number of vintage glass rods you could hold till you get yours back.

No thanks, that was pretty much just a rant. I would be afraid to borrow a rod from anybody with my luck.

Just got my rod back. It took less than two weeks. I don't think I sent it until a few days after I posted this. Anyway, I don't even want to fish it after getting my new st. croix avid. This TFO feels like a junker.

Hey now! I still love my TFO.

snapped rods usually happen by snagging on backcasts-how does it happen with a spinning rod???/
Imagine being out on a mile wide river in a kayak when a fast moving Florida Storm comes through-terrifying to the nth-world record paddling-lol

Both times it happened while putting in a canoe. My friend and I usually canoe around once a week for something to do. The brandywine runs through his backyard, so we load up the canoe on a John Deere gator and take it down a trail to a small creek that runs into the river. Then we go the last 30 feet to the river because we would have to take the canoe down a 200 foot hill covered with brush to get straight to the river. we have to carry the canoe once the trail gets skinny and theres lots of brush. my fly rod caught a branch and snapped in two places. My spinning rod broke in the gator some how.

Being in a kayak in a florida storm with a graphite rod doesn't sound too fun haha

Back