What breathable waders do you have?

JustFish

JustFish

I am in the market and wanted to know what you guys are using and if your happy with them and why?

I bought mine from cabelas..they were originally 129 got them for 99...comfy and they don't leak so far. They can be rolled down for use as waist high when its hot...premium dry plus is the closest thing they have to mine as they don't make the exact ones any more...

or as others have done...these Orvis waders are on sale big time if they have your size left.

just a couple suggestions and where I might go if I were in need.

Thanks TomGamber,

I bought the Korker wading boots last night and now I just need breathable stockingfoot waders. I tried Orvis but I was too late though, my size is all sold out. I will chack out Cabelas though. I just wanted to get some honest consumer reports.

thanks again.

I have Cabela's-- like the $140 model.

Love them so far, this is my second year with them.

The have removable suspenders (which are pretty comfy BTW), come with a wading belt, reinforced at the knee, and have built in gravel guards. They fit pretty nice too. (I measured my self using their scale ahead of time-- pretty important step.

Overall, well worth the money!

Mkern,

I'll look into them thanks.

The ones I was wearing when I stuck my hand on a cactus while crawling under a barbed-wire fence were my most breathable but I forgot the brand.
Did they ever get that zippered fly on waders down pat? thought that was a heck of a lot more important than a man on the moon.

I've gone thru 2 pair of Orvis Silver labels over the years. I got a lot of wear out of them, still have them both but need to fix some leaks (due to old age and wear). Actually tomorrow I'm going to try a pair of Simms lightweights i bought a couple years ago at a decent discount.

If I was looking for a new pair right now i would buy the Silver Labels. I think they are the best value out there.

John

How many times do I have to say it .......... PATAGONIA. Damn you people are thick. You know I am right ........ Admit it , for once finally admit it.

This is the last time I ever answer a post like this :lol:

I would like the Simms, however, I think they are a little out of my price range. I saw a pair on the LL Bean site for $99 dollars and am considering them?

I got a pair of Simms L2 waders on E-Bay over the winter for about $150 delivered. So far so good.

I use orvis cleawaters, i bought mine off of ebay for 110 bucks. There comfy cheap and has lasted me 2 1/2 year where las pair leaked after a few months.

I have used a pair of Cabelas waist high breathables since 2004. They have been beat pretty hard in both fresh and salt and have held up well - no leaks so far.

I like the Dan Bailey waders that I got at The Feathered Hook. They are available all over, of course, but that's where I know to get 'em. Anyway, they come in a ton of sizes. And a good fit is probably the most important feature. It'll protect against wear and the seeping clamminess you get when your waders bunch up. And a good fit will prevent pulled seems which cannot be fixed!

I have 2 pairs of Hodgemans and one pair of Orvis Silver Labels. I got the Silver Labels last year when orvis had that wader swap deal going on. They are really nice and you can tell they're made much more durable than my hodgemans. In college I fished in waders about 50-60 times a year and I went through the hodgemans about 1 pair every year and a half. My junior year I bought $14 hip boots for smaller streams so my hodgemans would last longer.

simms G3-- purchased about 5 years ago--paid a nice price

you can buy the older style G3's on ebay pretty cheap

orvis--YUK!!! owned a pair of their breathable waders and for 3 years straight I got holes in the seam of the bootie.....every year, it cost me 8 bucks for a new pair--but I got sick of that and splurged on the simms

there are a bunch of great waders out there...my thought is you get what you pay for---but if you can get 2-3 years out of a pair of 100 dollar breathable waders, I think it would have been money well spent

i have cabelas waist high waders...i think i paid 100 dollars for them. Wore them a couple time and they started leaking...cabelas replaced them for me, think i had to pay to ship them back though. I've used the new pair they sent me for close to 2 years and haven't had a problem with them...

I took a step back and bought a pair of hips boots the other day that were cheap... easy to get in and out, comfortable, should be nice for small streams

I have the Columbia Steelhead chest waders and love them. You can get a pair for about $120 at cabela's.

Support the local fly shops guys... buying from Cabelas and ll bean just puts the little guys closer to retirement.

Simms G3's here.... awesome wader

Spyder20oz wrote:
Support the local fly shops guys... buying from Cabelas and ll bean just puts the little guys closer to retirement.

I didn't know retirement was a bad thing.

ORVIS PRO GUIDE 3

I have had a version of these for about 3 years. Very good, can wear high, or folded to waist. Breathable, comfy, some good pockets for stuff.

The warrantee and service are very good on Orvis waders. My last pair of Orvis leaked on the neoprene boots after a few years. I sealed once or twice then returned them. I had a check in the mail within 3-4 days.

ORVIS PRO GUIDE

Back