Wading boots

Millertime

Millertime

I got new wading boots last night from UPS.

My new waders will be delivered today by UPS.

I wear size 11 shoes. I bought size 12 wading boots. I am nervious and anxious about this decision. I will know my answer for sure later tonight but the wading boots seem HUGE, really big, when i tried them on last night. I will be swimming in them.

Cabelas had my boots on close out but only had size 12. I figured with the stocking foot and few layers of socks this would be ideal. I purchased LLBean Emerger waders and I ordered large which is for shoe sizes 10-12 I am hoping my stocking foot will fill out my boots.

What do you guys think?

What we think doesn't matter. How it all works after UPS drives away is ll that matters. But I did the same thing last time. I just did it in the store where I could try them on. Hope it work for you too.

do you wear your normal shoe size in the boots tom? Or did you stpe up one or anything??

It all depends on the cut of the boot. Assuming that they run true to shoe size, generally speaking going a size UP is a good idea. Good for extra layers of socks in the winter and creates room in your boots so your feet don't get cold. Now with that said, Tom is spot on.

That's what I did, one size larger to allow for stocking foot..I'm interested in learning if you like those emerger's or not...I liked everything I read about them but settled on Simms Rivershed's because I had a store credit...I haven't even taken my Simms out of the box and may decide to ebay them and go with the Bean emergers..good luck

I wear an 11 and bought a 12 just like you. Only difference is I tried them on in the store and knew before I bought them. You should be fine if they haven't changed the sizing. FWIW I have the Ultralight boot and the Premium Dry-Plus waders but the older style (which was much nicer).

I have always been of the opinion that the boot was designed to be worn with a neoprene stocking foot.

I wear size 12 and buy size 12. Never had a problem.

Either way just keep those toe nails trimmed..A jagged toe nail can tear up neoprene stocking foot...

I was worried about that JayL. I figured the same thing you did. . .

But. . . in the bargin cave all they had was a 12 i liked them plus got a good deal so i rolled the dice. I had a pair of bootfoot neos before from cabelas and they were 12's and they fit awesome. I am just hoping the stocking foot fills up the boot. I guess I'll find out at 6:15 pm when I get home.

I will let you know sunny about the waders. I was hoping to be on the water with them saturday. . . we will see. I might be wearing hunting boots over the new waders instead.

FWIW, I went one size up and wider, and mine are still too tight for me.

Everyone's different.

PERFECT FIT!!!!!!

I am shocked. I shopped online all day for different boots.

Fit like a glove just enough room for a nice thick pair of wool socks in there.

Wading boots are one thing that I prefer to try on with my waders before I buy them. You just never know how they'll fit.
I recently bought a pair of the Bean Riverkeeper wading boots at the Ross Park Mall store. I normally wear a size 11, and tried that first. I couldn't even get them on. So, I went to a 12. Still had to squeeze into them, and they were quite tight with just tube socks on my feet. No way I could have wore them with a thick hunting sock, which I like to use in cold weather.
So, I finally tried a 13. And they seemed just about right. So, I bought them
I have fished in them a few times with heavy socks, and they seem fine so far.
But, I've never bought a pair of any kind of shoes that size before
I guess this make of boots just runs very small

I always buy one size larger than my shoe size.

One thing to remember is when you're wading is the water pressure will help push the boots tighter against your foot.

one size bigger with the chota boots , i tried them on in the shop and bought then there

In my Simms boots I buy my regular size. In my boot-foot neoprenes I bought up 1 size to allow for more layers while still not restricting movement/bloodflow, which as has been said here many times, only makes the possibility of cold feet worse.

I can;t even buy sneakers without trying them on. Nikes are too narrow, adidas are made for people with no arches, new balance are comfy but offer no support...they're like a slipper. Every manufacturer is different.

Glad they fit MT.

I think brick and mortar shoe stores are going to be around for a long time to come..I purchased a pair of shoes on-line and had to send them back..Never again..

Every manufacturer is different, and even the same models of their shoes are different. I had a pair of Orvis lightweight boots that lasted a few years and were are very comfortable. They are now close to being shot, so I bought another pair of the same boots in a newer model. I'm a a size 91/2 - 10 in a street shoe and the size 11 in old style boots fit perfectly with heavy socks. The newer model size 11 looked like Ronal MacDonald shoes on me and I dropped down to a size 10. You really have to try them on. Becasuse of this, I agree that on-line purchases of shoes, boots or waders is tough to do.

Thanks Tom.

Sundrunk,

Dry fit of the emergers went well.

They seem well made. I really like the suspenders. they loop through a connector in the back and attach with velcro back onto straps. All summer they can be worn as wading pants without the straps tucked down the leg or draging behind. Takes 3 seonds to remove and throw them in your pack or vest. I am hot all summer that will be nice.

The stocking feet seem comfortable and have good seams and a nice sole to them.

I will let you know after a few field tests. I will be doing the first run saturday morning.

Nice...

Wasn't the thing about the bean emergers they had less seams? someting to that effect..Look forward to the field test...

Back