Sling packs for lefty caster...

Big-Bass

Big-Bass

Will sling packs like the Orvis slings work well for casters who cast lefty like me or will it inhibit casting? Will I be forced to adjust the pack so that my cast may end up ackward? Are they made more specifically for righties or are they casting generic? Thanks.

Big-Bass, If you don't carry a lot of gear check out the Blackhawk sling pack which is available from Cabelas and some gun stores. It runs around $60 and you can access either side by changing the side you buckle the clasp. It's smaller than the brand name fishing packs but the price is right and it's great for brookie fishing. It's originally designed to carry a firearm.

Sorry, it's called the Diversion Sling Pack (Blackhawk makes other styles).

Okay well I could not wait for all responses...I picked up an Orvis Guide Sling Pack from orvis.com for $66.30 shipped in digital camo. I hope I got a good deal and can't wait to try it in the spring...or maybe even during the winter on some local water. Decent deal? What is the general consenus? Thanks!

I feel your going to have trouble being a left, with a sling pack made for righties. 66 bucks is a good deal too.

I have a Simms sling pack which closely resembles the Orvis. The sling pack is positioned on your back (out of the way) when fishing. I cast left and right without any movement obstructions.

I've had an Orvis guide sling pack for a couple of years now. I cast with either arm quite frequently and the pack it not a problem in any way. I think you'll enjoy your new pack. By the way, very good deal on the price.

Lefty here as well. You'll be fine with the Orvis pack. I use one myself.

I am a lefty, and I use the Patagonia Stealth Atom. What makes the pack good for lefties is the pack rests on your back, and the strap goes over your right shoulder. That way it doesn't impede the movement of your casting arm.

Back