Ross FlyRise Reel

C

coachbarak

Anyone have one? What do you think of it? I was thinking about getting one for my 8'6" St. Croix Avid 5 wt. Or should I just uprgrade to the CLA? Thoughts?

I own a Ross CLA 2. IMO it's a fine reel, very smooth and good drag. If you can afford the difference in price buy the CLA. It is also made in the USA.

I would go with the CLA. I've been told that the Ross Worldwide products are being discontinued. Since they were made overseas and production was limited, parts may be hard to come by in the future. From what I gather, at least for 2014, only the F1, Momentum LT, Evolution LT, and the CLA will be available. The Gunnison and Colorado may return for 2015.

I own a Flyrise and I do like it, but if they are discontinuing production, do yourself a favor and move up to the CLA at the very least. Ross makes an excellent reel and the remaining options are all USA made, which is a plus in my book.

I ended up purchasing the Ross CLA for my new 3 wt and a Orvis Access Mid-Arbor for my 5 wt. I like the look and feel of both reels and I know there will not be any problems with warranty as well.

I ended up purchasing the Ross CLA for my new 3 wt and a Orvis Access Mid-Arbor for my 5 wt. I like the look and feel of both reels and I know there will not be any problems with warranty as well.

Both are good choices. Congrats on the new reels.

Back